The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Welp, it was a fun run, never expected this season to go as it did. This offseason I can have a ton of optimism and high expectations for next year which is something I haven't had in years.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I got some things to get off my chest after this "game". First of all, the whole defensive staff should be fired after this embarrassment. No excuses.

Second, I'm absolutely sick to my stomach for Hendon. I hope his injury isn't as serious as it looked. He doesn't deserve to go out that way.

Third, this defense has to go. I'm sick of watching that piss poor effort. It's been this way all season and finally someone exposed them. It was bound to happen at some point. Offense has been bailing them out all year and it caught up to them today. I've never been so mad watching a football game in my life.

Well, actually I do. We really don't need fans like you. Go watch the swim team. Probably more your speed. or golf. There ya go golf.

I've been trying over 50 years and well, here I am - a pathetic, passive golfer with no TRUE FAN potential.

Is is the foam-flecked lips and bulging forehead vein? Telling everyone to shut-up, kicking the dog, the wife telling company "oh, he just gets that way; VEEERY passionate about his TN football' - ? Be a buddy; what's the secret?
I want to be in the club, too!

Reactions: Shawn23
I hear ya...but our offense sucked too tonight....we should have been able to at least keep up.

They didn’t play as well as normal but they did put up like 500 yards of offense and a non-trivial number of points, which is still very good in my opinion. Our defense should not be so bad that our usually elite offense is not enough to beat South Carolina when they are a bit off and merely “very good”.

Gotta tip the cap to UT fans who refer to a 10-1 top ten ranked team as "garbage" after what we witnessed last night.

I agree with sentiment, but just also want to say I don’t think we are garbage either. We have legitimately been a really good team this year, but whatever it was we fielded last night is not that team. Hopefully we get back to our normal winning ways.

Can’t go through all these pages!! I got so frustrated with play calling and non executions, and over throws I stopped watching. Can someone please summarize what happened after halftime?!? Did Hooker get pulled?!? TIA

Can’t go through all these pages!! I got so frustrated with play calling and non executions, and over throws I stopped watching. Can someone please summarize what happened after halftime?!? Did Hooker get pulled?!? TIA
Hooker was injured. He planted on an option play and hurt his knee. Not to speculate, but it looked really bad. He also fumbled on the play and SC punched it in to effectively end the game. The second half was much like the first half….zero defense and not enough offense to keep up.

Hooker was injured. He planted on an option play and hurt his knee. Not to speculate, but it looked really bad. He also fumbled on the play and SC punched it in to effectively end the game. The second half was much like the first half….zero defense and not enough offense to keep up.
😳😩 bless it! Thank you for this info! How awful! So it’s Milton time for Vandy?!? We’ll Go Vols and I hope that Hen Hook is okay!

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Guessing you didn't watch Overthrow Joe last night? it's time for Navy. See if he's half the QB his daddy was.
Nahh I didn’t. It was so frustrating seeing that arrogant Rattler having his best effing game! I had to turn it off..😖 oh goodness, I thought he’d been getting better from what I saw in previous games. Oh well, hope they have whoever is taking the reins ready to go because Vandy seems to be playing better now! Ugh!

He was hit hard and came off the field grimacing.

We can't overcome the worst back seven in the history of UT defense. It has sucked all season. Willy Mart has to go, He is total garbage. These guys can't even accidentally be in the right spot.

SC certainly did not need the calls, more specifically the lack of calls on the holding that kept their QB all night, but they got them. Games like that happen.... just like today in the Dallas Minn game. Bet they don't disband the team after losing 40-3.

As far as the DB coach, you don't think that CJH and our DC have provided additional resources to help with the most recognized defficiency on that side of the ball? CJH can assess whether or not any coach in America could have turned this sow's ear into a silk purse. They have about a half dozen DB's committed and may not be done. There is no value add to these shots, accept to poster's ego, certainly none for the program. There are no secrets to uncover.

VN Store

Back