The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I’m a lot less depressed this game happened after the Volunteers won more than 8 games.

A very disappointing result vs a Gamecocks that was playing to get a signature win which they impressively achieved.

I’m still proud of the great regular season the Volunteers have had so that’s why I’m less depressed about the disappointing defeat to the Gamecocks.

I’m a lot less depressed this game happened after the Volunteers won more than 8 games.

A very disappointing result vs a Gamecocks that was playing to get a signature win which they impressively achieved.

I’m still proud of the great regular season the Volunteers have had so that’s why I’m less depressed about the disappointing defeat to the Gamecocks.
If I was a South Carolina fan, I would want to know where that was when they were losing at home to Missouri ... They were the much better prepared and more "dialed-in" team tonight by far - like this was a game they had circled. It probably means a return to earth for them next week.

That’s the bright side? Shat! give me the dim one then.

Ok the Volunteers found a way to disappoint late in the regular season where they had a mostly realistic chance of making the 4 team playoffs.

The Men’s Volunteers basketball team and Volunteers baseball team were less disappointing since they reached the Playoffs.

it’s amazing to me how athletes look past what they believe are lesser opponents like they can flip the switch instead of just beating their eyes shut and leaving no doubt.

Vols looked past SC and it cost the team and the fan base a chance at the CFP. I hope Heupel and the Vols get that chance again but it’s a tough tough road.

Yeah, until this game I'd have been happy with the accomplishments in year 4 of rebuilding. I'm surprised our defensive deficit hadn't caught up to us before, and doubly surprised it came at SC's hands. I like TN sports because we grew up with it, but it's just a fun activity on fall Saturdays and disappointments last about 15 minutes. I expected a 4 year rebuild to get depth stacked and Heupel can perhaps do that.

USCe held our d line a lot tonight for no calls. Still, CJH needs to make some moves on D. Probably not worth doing until the end of the season at this point but he needs to move quick when it’s time. Hit the portal hard for dbs and lock in some of these high ranking guys we are in the running for up front. Hadden should never see the field again as a vol. his behavior was unacceptable tonight along with his performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
USCe held our d line a lot tonight for no calls. Still, CJP needs to make some moves on D. Probably not worth doing until the end of the season at this point but he needs to move quick when it’s time. Hit the portal hard for dbs and lock in some of these high ranking guys we are in the running for up front. Hadden should never see the field again as a vol. his behavior was unacceptable tonight along with his performance.
Who is CJP?

If I was a South Carolina fan, I would want to know where that was when they were losing at home to Missouri ... They were the much better prepared and more "dialed-in" team tonight by far - like this was a game they had circled. It probably means a return to earth for them next week.

You already know it will be “return to earth”. Clemson is gonna kill them.

Reactions: firestorm
USCe held our d line a lot tonight for no calls. Still, CJH needs to make some moves on D. Probably not worth doing until the end of the season at this point but he needs to move quick when it’s time. Hit the portal hard for dbs and lock in some of these high ranking guys we are in the running for up front. Hadden should never see the field again as a vol. his behavior was unacceptable tonight along with his performance.
Hey Jimmy, Pruitt is no longer the coach.

VN Store

Back