The Official #4 Tennessee vs #9 Florida Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:30PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 7PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Winning series is the name of the game, lets do it again next weekend.
It's good to win the series, but games won is the way you measure success ultimately. Glad we won the series. Winning all three would have been devastating to Florida. Hate that we let that one get away late.

It's good to win the series, but games won is the way you measure success ultimately. Glad we won the series. Winning all three would have been devastating to Florida. Hate that we let that one get away late.
This is a pretty bad take. Ask any coach and they want to win every series, a sweep is just a plus. There's 10 series a year if you win 20 conference games youre in the conversation for a top 8 national seed. This isnt football where every game matters pretty equally, they all do but at a much smaller percentage.

^^Take it however you want. I just checked the SEC standings and we are tied with Vanderbilt with a 9-3 record for first in the East. No mention of the fact that Tennessee has won all 4 of its series in conference play and that Vanderbilt has won 3 and lost 1 series so far. Games won is the ultimate metric. Win games

^^Take it however you want. I just checked the SEC standings and we are tied with Vanderbilt with a 9-3 record for first in the East. No mention of the fact that Tennessee has won all 4 of its series in conference play and that Vanderbilt has won 3 and lost 1 series so far. Games won is the ultimate metric. Win games

I said earlier that Vandy is just now getting to the meat of their schedule. Interesting note, the team that kicked their ass in Nashville is the same team we went on the road and beat 2 of 3. Winning that series in Athens, GA was huge for the Vols.

Last edited:

Yea, but percentages say you focus on getting series wins. Sure, it would have been nice to get a second sweep. But generally, if you win all of your series in the SEC, then you’ve had a hell of a year. This team is better, but the goal used to be winning your home series and don’t get swept on the road. In the SEC, that gets you to the tournament.

VN Store

Back