The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

and Duke. So much to be proud of, and so many memorable moments!

Good point. I admit that’s why I’m so disappointed. I had plans to take my son to final four if we made it. That and the college playoffs are in my bucket list. He’s a sophomore at UT and I’m 51 so not sure if that day will ever come in my lifetime. I thought last yr was the yr but we lost to USCjr. Win or lose, the memories at a game with someone close to you is priceless.

Still can’t believe they called Aidoo for that charge. That swung the entire game.

the game done been swung before that

I started getting concerned after about 14 minutes in - our drought then and their stopping with the turn overs were the early signs.

33% from the field is disgraceful. Nkamhoua not having a shot til the second half is inexcusable. Key playing more minutes than anyone is a mistake, and I’m pretty sure he played more than everyone. He’s a walking handicap. Letting that team get more than 3 consecutive baskets merits a time out. Rick barnes is solely responsible for the 20-4 run that lost us this game. We lost the game in the last 10 minutes, that’s embarrassing. This whole season was the tale of two teams, injury after injury, missed shot after missed shot. Proud of them for beating bama, and for beating duke last week, but overall the seasons a failure and every member of the program knows it. Hope they get their sh!t together this summer, replace key through the portal with an actual scoring threat, and for god sakes learn how to make a pissing free throw.
yeah I'm gonna have a hard time if they still think Key is the #2 at pg next year.

Reactions: minorvol
Ya'll know good in damn well that if we would've of pulled that out tonight...we would have played a hell of a game against Kstate.....it's how we've been all year

I’d be interested to know why Awaka didn’t play more.
I also heard Kessling is retiring. Any truth to it? I know he’s no John Ward, but he had to follow Ward, which would be difficult for anybody. I enjoyed listening to he and Bert this season

I don't know, Key was a failure, Phillips played like a 2 star and nobody has seen BJ for 3 centuries. FAU was well coached and embarrassed TN tonight with lesser talent and resources.

Key was a huge disappointment, but Philips and BJ's time will be next year. It's time to turn the page on this group and bring in some fresh talent, and Rick must focus on getting guys who can score the ball.

Reactions: I4Vols
ZZ most definitely is a difference maker. Not every game but there are games he carried this team. Highest assist total on the team . Don’t know how you can say the guy with the highest assists is not a difference maker. That assist guy is not Santi. ZZ had as many as 11 assist on some games and we had 12 total tonight . Noticed we did not have the ball movement tonight I have seen us have in some games. ZZ brings us more options.

He averaged 5 assists. It’s crazy the ball movement was fine last week but we get beat by an average team and now it’s an issue. We just don’t have any offensive players. It’s really that simple. Combine that with the rebounding effort tonight and our alleged great defense and here we are.

VN Store

Back