The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Pretty embarrassing performance. Listen, I’m happy we made a Sweet 16 and I’m going to remember that Duke win very fondly and overall this season was a success I guess, but to (most likely) have another path to your first Final Four right in front of you and a game against very very beatable team and to just lay an egg it’s so damn frustrating. So I’m going to vent and let my anger out so I don’t throw something at my TV. This just sucks.

I am the first to call a foul a foul but I didn't see anything either time to warrant a foul call. Here is where bragging about taking teams to the mud and so forth I think is biting this team.
I don’t even think it was a “common fouls”. Much less a flagrant

Reactions: VolDave53
To me, Michigan last year was the worse. Although this is competing. No reason we should have lost to Michigan.

Still worse NCAA loss ever was the one game with Pearl where we were up huge on Ohio State in Sweet 16 and they came back and won by a single point.
Oh that loss with Pearl ripped my heart out. We choked that game away.

Getting out hustled on rebounding is what's really bugging me tonight. At least half of being just a decent rebounder is expecting a missed shot and then going after it when it happens. FAU is doing that.

Does Barnes know how to call a timeout ? Dam$!

For those asking why fans have BVS or worried, now we know why. There isn’t one excuse why we should lose this game. FAU is out hustling us and we can’t stay in front when they dribble drive. Hence, an open three ball look.

We look terrified offensively and jacking up bad shots.

I love my Vols but very disappointed. There is 7 min left but we’re down 7. I don’t see us making a run and stopping them.

And Uros with another stupid, unnecessary elbow. Just stupid. He’s done this crap all season and will cost us two possible points
Which elbow?

If you think this has anything to do with the refs you need your eyes and brain checked
I guess me and the rest of the ppl here complaining. At least we have you to guide us. It’s not all on the refs, Rick has a big part in it, as does our poor shooting. But 9 mins left already being in the bonus, so many terrible calls bc the narrative for this game was already set. You heard the announcers say it. When you play physical like Tenn you’re gonna get bad calls. That was another bad call on Uros.

VN Store

Back