The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

I don't understand how Phillips doesn't dominate a team like this. Same thing with JJJ. Both could easily take the smaller guy and back him down. If the double you kick. But no let's run that high ball weave movement some more

Terrible final possession. What was that????
Barnes went to talk to Santi. I am positive he got the point across that if you are going to do that why hold then move forward 5 feet to take a contested difficult shot instead of let it fly wide open 3 feet back. Santis follow through looked like a push shot. He never looms like that at the top.

Need some great 2nd half adjustment from Barnes because if we continue as things are I expect FAU to eventually get their shots to start falling.
The only adjustment is to guard the ball better so we don’t get into rotations that create the open shots. We do that, we win. We don’t, it could go either way. That simple

Our best offense is getting Uros the ball and letting him work. We are getting some decent looks in the paint with some jumpers, but missing nearly all of them.

Reactions: Lankykong
Not a great first half. The talk of the half will be how bad our offense was, but our defense is concerning as well. We’ve given up several wide open looks that they haven’t knocked down. They will start knocking those down at a higher clip if we don’t get it together.

Gotta come out in the second half and stay in front of their guards better. Also gotta get going downhill on offense. Swinging the ball around the perimeter isn’t the way to attack pressure defense.

it didn't look pretty but they missed most of those wide open shots. Help defense is what makes us so effective. Probably just one person collapsing who shouldn't.

VN Store

Back