The Official #4 Tennessee vs #1 Arkansas Weekend Game Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:30 PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 12 PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1 PM)

Lol, that dude just stood there and watched it land, got ushered to 1B, then VU throws at the head of the next batter.
Lol. Even the ump was trying to get him moving.

He really did launch that one though. Lol

Reactions: vol66
They’re going to broadcast all three games of #1 vs #9 this weekend, but only put one of our games on this weekend. I think ESPN didn’t want UT to get any exposure and definitely couldn’t risk the chance of a national audience seeing UT beat the #1 team.

Van Horn seems protective of Vitello in sort of a father/son kind of way. Van Horn would come to his defense when Vitello would let his emotions get the best of him while at Arky. I remember we and others were not too fond of Vitello when he as an assistant at Arky, and due to some of his antics when they beat us and others in Hoover stadium back in 2015, but Van Horn reportedly mentored him. Also, Van Horn refused to bite today when pressed about what Vitello confronted him about.

I think Van Horn has a lot of respect for Vitello. You would think it would be even more so the other way. I suspect it was a little bit of the "son" complaining to the "dad" and letting his competitive spirit overcome the maturity side of the equation.

Van Horn seems protective of Vitello in sort of a father/son kind of way. Van Horn would come to his defense when Vitello would let his emotions get the best of him while at Arky. I remember we and others were not too fond of Vitello when he as an assistant at Arky, and due to some of his antics when they beat us and others in Hoover stadium back in 2015, but Van Horn reportedly mentored him. Also, Van Horn refused to bite today when pressed about what Vitello confronted him about.

I think Van Horn has a lot of respect for Vitello. You would think it would be even more so the other way. I suspect it was a little bit of the "son" complaining to the "dad" and letting his competitive spirit overcome the maturity side of the equation.

CV admitted he said something "dumb" that he probably shouldn't have. I bet this was a heat of the moment type of thing, and like you said, he let his competitive spirit get the better of him. He has had nothing but admiration and respect for DVH.

Uncle Joe is calling pitches for Kopps. He is literally throwing all junk. Just talked to a scout that said that’s why he won’t get drafted until the 30th round. Sad that Van Horn turned this 92 mph pitcher out of HS into a junk baller with no interest from MLB scouts now.

That scout seems ill informed since the draft will only have 20 rounds.

Reactions: Titan05 and Zues1
Vols waste Tidwell’s gem as Arkansas takes series finale

“When you plays team like that, a top-5 matchup like that, the No. 1 team in the country, the little things are going to matter,” Connor Pavolony said. “We’ll be better for it. And at the end of the day, when it matter more, we’ll be better.”

“We expected to come out here and win this weekend, I’m going to be honest with you,” Pavolony said. “There was no doubt in my mind that we were going to come out and play them just like they played us. But at the end of the day, we didn’t get it done. We’re just frustrated because we knew that we could have.”

“I would see it as motivation for us,” Tidwell said. “I know I’m mad right now. And I know it’s going to make me work out harder tomorrow, when I work out. I think our team is going to use it as motivation, and it should help us overall.”

Based on Pav and Blade's comments, I like where our team's headspace is at. They will use this weekend as motivation to get even better.

VN Store

Back