The Official #4 Tennessee vs #1 Arkansas Weekend Game Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:30 PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 12 PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1 PM)

You are probably correct, but Arkansas immediately responded with 2 runs in the top of the second after we scored 5. The lefty lefty matchup might have been a concern. So, I’m sure we were trying to manufacture a run or two after Arkansas responded.

If I was the manager, I would have considered the bunt, but with one out already and so early in the game, I would have remembered Earl Weaver's maxim: "If you play for one run that's the most you'll get." Dallas didn't look right early and I thought we would need more than 5, maybe a lot more. I just had Max's long homer against Missouri in the back of my mind. He's got such a sweet swing and tremendous power. He's a talent.

18 completed innings against the #1 team in the country, this team is every bit as good as anyone in the country, 100 percent certain of it !! Win the series tomorrow!!!! Tow for toe in a big time heavyweight battle. !!! This TEAM is Legendary!!! Full of rhem !!!

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back