The Official #3 Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, SEC Network

If every Georgia 2 pointer had instead counted as a 3, we still would have won by 30.

Didn't mean to imply that Tennessee had played anything less than a great game or that they aren't deserving of some lofty praise right now. Here are 3 other stats that are impressive in our favor:

Tennessee out-rebounded Georgia 45-30.
Tennessee had 25 assists, Georgia only had 8.
Tennessee only had 8 turnovers, Georgia had 14.
I know. You were pointing out some glaring issues UGA had today. Go Vols!!

Didn't mean to imply that Tennessee had played anything less than a great game or that they aren't deserving of some lofty praise right now. Here are 3 other stats that are impressive in our favor:

Tennessee out-rebounded Georgia 45-30.
Tennessee had 25 assists, Georgia only had 8.
Tennessee only had 8 turnovers, Georgia had 14.

UGA is 260th in 3 point makes, so its not really their game. It’s not UT’s game either, but we were obviously much better at moving the ball and scoring.

Austin Peay gave Arky a tough game until late. No way they hang with the Vols IMO

Arky is an up and down team, they nearly beat Texas & beat Indiana but have struggled against lesser opponents like Western Kentucky, and Austin Peay. They're in a tight game aginst a not so good A&M team so yeah we should handle them.

Who's better at TN? Barnes or Pearl? Both have put TN on the map for college basketball.

Pearl had instant success as Buzz left him a decent roster to work with: Lofton, Watson, Wingate, Patterson, Asumnu

Barnes had to build this team.

Eventhough 07-08 was as much fun as I’ve ever had, it never felt like a team that could challenge for a title. But it was exciting basketball. This 18-19 team will challenge for a title.

Pearl had instant success as Buzz left him a decent roster to work with: Lofton, Watson, Wingate, Patterson, Asumnu

Barnes had to build this team.

Eventhough 07-08 was as much fun as I’ve ever had, it never felt like a team that could challenge for a title. But it was exciting basketball. This 18-19 team will challenge for a title.

I agree. I also agree with the other two that have posted as well.

Who's better at TN? Barnes or Pearl? Both have put TN on the map for college basketball.
Pearl was a better recruiter, Barnes is a better "teacher" of the game of basketball. Pearl's teams were not as consistent in scoring like Barnes' teams seem to be. I'd have to go with Barnes.

I thought he was called this guy:

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back