The Official #3 Tennessee vs #2 Vandy Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 7PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 4PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

I think there is big time pressure on vandy tomorrow. They have looked down on us for a while now and will be pressing tomorrow to avoid losing the series. while they may have landed the first blow, the Vols countered with a big time uppercut. We have them on the ropes and I have no doubts that tomorrow we land the haymaker!
GBO!!
Would also be back to back series losses

This past week Coach Vitello mentioned in an interview how important that midweek game was and he mentioned, in particular, how important it was for Jackson Greer. Prescient remarks there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’d say brother Russell made himself some money today as well. He’s been on a few prospect lists, his approach today was confirmed “advanced”. Those two young men will face each other for quite a while I think.

In the 7th after Russell hit his 2nd bomb off Leiter, the crowd was chanting overrated and it had an effect. Also there was a guy yelling at Leiter “you afraid to throw your fastball” and that had an effect as well. Largest crowd of the year by far and there was definitely a home field advantage. Also, I thought it was funny that when Vandy’s lead off hitter (Bradley) was at the plate they were yelling ‘softball player - take away the bunt’.
Good stuff today from the fans and an amazing win by the players.

In the 7th after Russell hit his 2nd bomb off Leiter, the crowd was chanting overrated and it had an effect. Also there was a guy yelling at Leiter “you afraid to throw your fastball” and that had an effect as well. Largest crowd of the year by far and there was definitely a home field advantage. Also, I thought it was funny that when Vandy’s lead off hitter (Bradley) was at the plate they were yelling ‘softball player - take away the bunt’.
Good stuff today from the fans and an amazing win by the players.
Pay attention stop talking to the scouts. His name is Bradfield.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I hate the OVER RATED chant. What that says is, "You aren't good enough to beat us." What kind of BS is that?

The kid isn't over-rated. UT is that good.

It's to get into his head. Nothing more nothing less. They all know Leiter is the best they will face, but the fans wanted to give him a little rub after giving up back-to-back Jacks.

VN Store

Back