The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

I agree with some who said we are missing a consistent low post threat who can make baskets and is tough defensively. He doesn't have to put up big numbers but someone who alters shots. In addition, someone who is 6'5" or taller that can create their own shot and finish above the rim. Yves would've thrived having guards that could throw it up for him.

You said you feel bad for fulky? What about the Tennessee Vols cmon man, it’s not a one man show?

I feel bad for a guy who will probably not play basketball again at a competitive level. Why would I feel sorry for JJJ or KC? they will keep playing. Are you really not understanding?

It was a mistake not to double Dickinson in my opinion more often. He kept them in the game by himself when we could have built a lead. Barnes could have used a time out after Michigan erased a 6 pt lead quickly late but it wasn’t as if we weren’t getting good looks. Is what it is with one and done. Nkamhoua could have been a difference maker perhaps. Still had a rock solid year and expect we will be competitive again in the SEC next year.

I just think we should of rotated more guys on their bigs. After about 5 minutes into that game i would of had Chandler driving to the hole every possession to try and get those guys in foul trouble. They were obviously going to try play the game in the paint. They massacred us inside. This was a team that had some potential and that's the most frustrating thing. 22-8 run to end the game, went stone cold. Those long droughts without points finally got us in trouble versus a good shooting team.. We had to play bad and they had to play out of their minds and that's what happened. Barnes just doesn't have a good track record in March. Take the SEC tourney and be happy with it, no other choice.

I just think we should of rotated more guys on their bigs. After about 5 minutes into that game i would of had Chandler driving to the hole every possession to try and get those guys in foul trouble. They were obviously going to try play the game in the paint. They massacred us inside. This was a team that had some potential and that's the most frustrating thing. 22-8 run to end the game, went stone cold. Those long droughts without points finally got us in trouble versus a good shooting team.. We had to play bad and they had to play out of their minds and that's what happened. Barnes just doesn't have a good track record in March. Take the SEC tourney and be happy with it, no other choice.
The bigger issue is, they went to that weird matchup zone after awhile when they couldnt stop Chandler. Then we would just get passive and stop going to the hole.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Dickerson outplayed the entire Vols team.

Also, their guards made some magic lay ups.

They couldn’t miss. Simple.

Their guards are very good. Guy with headband is a defensive whiz. He hounded Santi into misery, and then they turned him loose on the other two.

@utvolpj @VolFreakJosh At the end of the day, we all pull for the Vols. How we achieve catharsis may be different. You guys aren’t any better than the rest of us(even if you think you are), just different. If y‘all would like to discuss further we can. Either way, Go Vols.

I feel bad for a guy who will probably not play basketball again at a competitive level. Why would I feel sorry for JJJ or KC? they will keep playing. Are you really not understanding?
I’m not understanding your logic, is it a team game or is it the University of Fulky? I’m sure if you asked John right now he wouldn’t want pity, he is part of a team that is hurting right now, in my opinion tonight he didn’t lay it all on the line like some other players and it’s a game by game sport, especially in the tournament

I’m not understanding your logic, is it a team game or is it the University of Fulky? I’m sure if you asked John right now he wouldn’t want pity, he is part of a team that is hurting right now, in my opinion tonight he didn’t lay it all on the line like some other players and it’s a game by game sport, especially in the tournament

Ok you are not understanding. Go Vols.

The bigger issue is, they went to that weird matchup zone after awhile when they couldnt stop Chandler. Then we would just get passive and stop going to the hole.
I know. We started jacking up 3's and bricking them. You got to play smarter than that. Nothing was real crisp tonight. Looked a step slow. Let them be the aggressors most of the night, especially inside. Guy was getting a lot of friendly whistles too that helped them.

What other center in the NCAA has Dickinson’s size and shooting ability?

You’re getting so caught up in semantics. Please read my first post on this again. All I said was that Uros is unathletic (which you previously agreed with) and that he cannot be depended on to take over a game for us when our 3s aren’t hitting.

I have no issues with Uros as a bench player but that is all he should ever be on this team. I can tell he is a really well liked teammate too.

Some of y'all are mad because you've been dumping on other teams now they get to dump on us and you are embarrassed and look silly. How about stop celebrating like teenage girls when a rival loses? Then it won't be like groundhogs day. The easy way out is to just blame Barnes to make you feel better. Laugh at rivals when they lose. Then blame Barnes when we lose.

Exactly and that was my original point before someone else went all gun ho about defending Uros. We don’t currently have a big who can take over a game for us when the 3s aren’t going in. Hopefully BHH and/or Aidoo develop into that though.
Other than Grant Williams, name the last big man who could take over a game for us? They are few and far between. Maybe BHH or Aidoo will develop into one?

VN Store

Back