The Official #3 Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I remember that we lost to them in CoMO last year. It was an ugly game and that is what Mizzou will try to do tonight. If we don't come in over confident and play our game then we should win our initial SEC road game.

I'm preparing myself for a tough game since Missouri is a respectable squad and we're playing away, but this feels like another huge opportunity to make a statement. If they go out there and win decisively on the road against a good conference opponent, I'll be more convinced than ever that very little can trip us up this year. No matter how good we've been in seasons past, I always felt like we could fall victim to a lackluster performance. This season, they've just gotten stronger and stronger. I'm not sure they know how to go less than 100% at all times.
Your post is really perfectly written. Go Vols!

Reactions: ThatVolGuy
I think this game will be a great measuring stick as we'll be on the road and Couzo's teams typically play solid defense. I hope we can get out of Mizzou with a win....if it's by a lot that'd be icing on the cake.

Reactions: Catbone
I think this game will be a great measuring stick as we'll be on the road and Couzo's teams typically play solid defense. I hope we can get out of Mizzou with a win....if it's by a lot that'd be icing on the cake.

Yep this one will be a challenge. First SEC road game with a huge target on our back.

Cuonzo's us (team) versus them (TN fans) concept for motivating his players and alienating the ENTIRE fan base was a bull s*** tactic. If he was good at his job he would have used the isolated, ugly incidents, by just very few individuals, to build a broad based source of support. I'm sure that Bruce faced some of the same stupidity and he never whined once about it.

Yep this one will be a challenge. First SEC road game with a huge target on our back.
This game has worried me since I first saw it on the schedule. Our saving grace may be that they beat us last year at Mizz.Barnes should have no trouble getting our teams attention and focus.

Reactions: Catbone
Cuonzo's us (team) versus them (TN fans) concept for motivating his players and alienating the ENTIRE fan base was a bull s*** tactic. If he was good at his job he would have used the isolated, ugly incidents, by just very few individuals, to build a broad based source of support. I'm sure that Bruce faced some of the same stupidity and he never whined once about it.
Cuonzo was in a tough spot here. Bruce Pearl was a hard act to follow, not just because he won but because Bruce is very charismatic. Cuonzo is soft spoken and kind of boring. Now, having said that, I thought Cuonzo's teams underachieved up until the very end of his final season. They barely made the NCAA Tournament... the Sweet 16 run makes 2014 seem better than it really was.

Reactions: walkenvol
Glad we’re the visitor, since Misery loves company!
Unless they get super hot shooting three’s, Vols should win by ten. GBO

Imo the biggest challenge on the road in the SEC is to keep Grant from picking up two cheap fouls early.
Foul trouble on Williams and Schofield is the only way I can see us losing. Missouri will try to keep the pace slow and ugly it up with hand checking and physical play in the paint... that's just how Martin plays when his teams are over-matched in talent.

Hope you all are listening to the pregame. Just said if TN played Duke today they'd take TN.

Solid post

Let’s take care of business tonight and put all the C Martin irrelevant talk behind us

Hope you all are listening to the pregame. Just said if TN played Duke today they'd take TN.
And I agree. Right now, I’d rather play Duke than Michigan. After some aging, I’m afraid the talent will show through for the Super K kids

VN Store

Back