The Official #25 Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Fair feeling.

But so far he has been out of trouble.

Plus if he ends up taking over Duke or NC one day he wont get caught anyways.
Not only that, but I dont see him ever getting into trouble. If Pearl or Wade get nailed, then the AA will have to go after K, Roy, Self, Cal etc..... Theyll continue to drag this thing out until its forgotten about. Nothing will happen to any involved.

Reactions: NEO and Catbone
Not only that, but I dont see him ever getting into trouble. If Pearl or Wade get nailed, then the AA will have to go after K, Roy, Self, Cal etc..... Theyll continue to drag this thing out until its forgotten about. Nothing will happen to any involved.
Yet the football team will get nailed watch

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Fair feeling.

But so far he has been out of trouble.

Plus if he ends up taking over Duke or NC one day he wont get caught anyways.

If by out of trouble you mean Chuck Person taking the wrap and Pearl refusing to speak with the NCAA then yeah he's been out of trouble.

Reactions: NEO
Just out of curiosity cuase I didnt get to watch game..how many times did auburn got to charity stripe in second half alone?

Most of us thought this was going to be a top 5 team. Now losing to 11-13 AU (once again) without their best player.

Why must we always suffer.
Did you really think this would be a top 5 team? I doubt most TN fans did. I think there was hope for a FF run but I don’t think most expected it. Of course those are 2 different things that have little correlation. Anyone can lose from the Sweet 16 on and anyone in that group can make the FF whether they’re a top 5 team or not. If most expected us to be top 5 then I think the expectations were too high. Top 15, maybe lower top 10, was the ceiling in my opinion.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Referees have ruined college basketball, and football, for this Vol fan. Ridiculous calls today that did pull the game in the direction of Auburn. Tennessee just can’t penetrate into the are between the arc and the goal. Either shoot threes or lose. Same on defense, the opponents seem to own the rim. Oh well, Gators at home next weekend. Low expectations for this team and too much attention to one and done freshmen going into SEC tourney.
Yea losing record last ten games or so.... they suck.

Didn't watch the game, but 10 FTs vs 37 FTs seems awful damn fishy, we shoot 41.3% from FG and 39.3% from 3 hitting 26 vs 22 FGs and 11 3s vs 9, but lose by 5. I then see the amount of FTs Auburn shot versus us and immediately though WTF.

Didn't watch the game, but 10 FTs vs 37 FTs seems awful damn fishy, we shoot 41.3% from FG and 39.3% from 3 hitting 26 vs 22 FGs and 11 3s vs 9, but lose by 5. I then see the amount of FTs Auburn shot versus us and immediately though WTF.

Definitely a large discrepancy. On the post game show they stated UT was very passive while Auburn attacked. Plus Barnes stated we had NO post game. with little rebounding effort. Most fouls are called in the post. Not all, but many.

Plus we again did a poor job supposedly switching on defense and caught out of position on D.
I didn’t watch game but just what Kesling and his side kick said, along w Barnes.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Yep he lives for this game he is a motivator a stereotypical mob like cheater but a good motivator. Today was their tournament BP put a hot poker on them . We played lackadaisical
Whether you like Pearl or not, no one can argue about the effort his teams always bring to the table.

Reactions: vols 30
Definitely a large discrepancy. On the post game show they stated UT was very passive while Auburn attacked. Plus Barnes stated we had NO post game. with little rebounding effort. Most fouls are called in the post. Not all, but many.

Plus we again did a poor job supposedly switching on defense and caught out of position on D.
I didn’t watch game but just what Kesling and his side kick said, along w Barnes.

Pons had 2, Fulky had 2, EJ/ORN both had 1.... seems like Keon, Bailey, Santi had the most fouls called. We had 23 total to their 16, but the amount of Free Throws seems ridiculous. We had 7 more fouls, but they shot 27 more free throw attempts?

Part was that TN had to put them on the line late. The number of fouls were closer. 24 by TN and 16 by Auburn. And only Springer and Keon got to the FT line for TN. Pons played 32 minutes but when half of his FG attempts are 3s and he takes fadeaways in the paint for the rest he won’t get foul calls. He’s not a very good post on offense. And he’s not a guard. TN might have had a better season had he followed through with his interest in leaving after his Junior year. Nice rim protector at times. But even with those blocks, he’s leaving his guy uncovered when he helps out.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Pons had 2, Fulky had 2, EJ/ORN both had 1.... seems like Keon, Bailey, Santi had the most fouls called. We had 23 total to their 16, but the amount of Free Throws seems ridiculous. We had 7 more fouls, but they shot 27 more free throw attempts?

There was also a technical foul on TN’s bench.

Tennessee shot better from the field than Auburn, both inside and outside the line - not by much, but they did shot better. Tennessee however had 10 free throws to Auburn's 37. Auburn made 22 points on free throws. That's the difference in the game. You won't win many games when you shoot 27 less free throws, regardless of the reasons why you shot less free throws.
I bet we’ve shot less free throws than our opponent in at least 80% of our games this year and I bet we’ve shot 10 or more less free throws in at least a quarter of the games. It’s a product of not attacking the basket.

They seemed to get fouled on a lot of layups to they were shooting FTs from the time UT got their first foul. Add in the two gimmes they got from the coaching technical.

I bet we’ve shot less free throws than our opponent in at least 80% of our games this year and I bet we’ve shot 10 or more less free throws in at least a quarter of the games. It’s a product of not attacking the basket.

And not having a physical post presence.

Damn, had I seen the stat line without the FTs I would have thought we won. Pretty rare to hit 4 more FGs and 2 more 3s with higher % and lose by freaking 5.

This team ultimately just never got enough court time together to really build that consistency we had with Grant/Admiral here. Maybe they'll catch fire in the tournament and make a run. We got a week before the Florida game though, need that W going into the SECT.

Out coached Barnes most of the game - had his guys drive... away from Keon, Springer and Pons. Went at the weaker defenders. That is coaching. Beat Barnes with a less talented roster. That is also coaching. Barnes didn’t and won’t adjust. Just keeps throwing his players under the bus. Barnes will end up in the hall of fame. But his best days are long long gone.

But you’d say most of Barnes issues are not of his making but rather his players. Lol.
Holy overreaction Batman!

Out coached Barnes most of the game - had his guys drive... away from Keon, Springer and Pons. Went at the weaker defenders. That is coaching. Beat Barnes with a less talented roster. That is also coaching. Barnes didn’t and won’t adjust. Just keeps throwing his players under the bus. Barnes will end up in the hall of fame. But his best days are long long gone.

But you’d say most of Barnes issues are not of his making but rather his players. Lol.
Holy overreaction Batman!
Overall the record will show this to be an above average team record wise...but in reality...right now at this moment they are below average. Sucks when all these other teams are getting better as the season goes on and UT folds...playing uninspired...bad basketball. How does that not reflect on the coach? Barnes is what he is.
You mean a HOF coach? I agree. He is that. Everyone has bumps in the road. Everyone. Relax. Barnes is a good coach and the year isn’t over yet. At least we will have a tournament this year and we will be in it.

Damn, had I seen the stat line without the FTs I would have thought we won. Pretty rare to hit 4 more FGs and 2 more 3s with higher % and lose by freaking 5.

This team ultimately just never got enough court time together to really build that consistency we had with Grant/Admiral here. Maybe they'll catch fire in the tournament and make a run. We got a week before the Florida game though, need that W going into the SECT.
Agree they just not meshing. Hard to understand. I’m watching Baylor/Kansas now with Kansas up right now. Hard to believe we blew them out. Maybe SEC teams seen us so much know how to take us out of our game. Maybe NCAA we get some OOC teams and Ball🏀 out.. A guy can dream😊

VN Store

Back