The Official #25 Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

You must love the dribble pull up a 3 offense from Pearl here. Our offense has looked good other than the garbage TOs
No it hasn't. Bigs belong Closer to the basket than 20 Feet away....How many times have we pounded it inside this season....this team's offense is not working we should not have to live and die on 3 point shots....Fulkerson had digressed from last season....Why? It looks like we have all our players, playing this game out of position....

since Barnes has been here we very rarely get good looks in the last shot situations. That one may have been more on pons stupidity but it’s still a trend.

Reactions: Catbone
It's funny that most of the people criticizing everything with this basketball team have probably never played basketball at any competitive level......and no Junior Pro doesnt count

Yeah. I’d prefer that over Auburn’s current offense. Our players making silly passes isn’t the offense’s fault, it’s bad decision making

Explain to me what we try to do offensively other than pass the ball around the perimeter and Jack up a shot with 3 seconds left on the shot clock? No screens, no cutters, no identity on offense . It’s a joke!

Win or lose, we might be the most discombobulated team I’ve seen all year. I’m just saying. Our guys always seem to be falling to the ground. Disorganized. The play right before the half. After a timeout, Auburn makes the free throw with 4 seconds left. We act like we don’t know whose inbounding. So Pons inbounds to Fulky of all people. Then back to Pons who calls timeout with .4 left. Acted like he didn’t even know what to do. Horrible coaching and organization. All happened after a timeout. The kids have to step up. But Barnes has done nothing to help this team. Pathetic.

I have not seen an offense so inept in all my life. No identity whatsoever. I feel pretty good about the small wager I put on Auburn winning this thing straight up. I love my Vols, but there are certain things in life - death, taxes, and we are Bruce's biotch.

Barnes getting outcoached by Pearl, imagine that.....and Pearl's roster is weak and his point guard is "injured".

The Vols are getting outplayed as well.

Barnes roster issues, "hard coaching" (a/k/a riding players into the ground) and stale offense is quintessential Barnes.

I hope the Vols pull this one out, but I have very little confidence that they will - getting beat by a sub .500 Auburn team is just plain bad. Tennessee should be up by 7-8 pts.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
No it hasn't. Bigs belong Closer to the basket than 20 Feet away....How many times have we pounded it inside this season....this team's offense is not working we should not have to live and die on 3 point shots....Fulkerson had digressed from last season....Why? It looks like we have all our players, playing this game out of position....
I think it’s looked pretty good. Springer really shouldn’t have taken the pull-up midrange shots though. There has been some smallball that looked decent on offense but was getting killed on the boards so I don’t know if it was a good option.

I agree it doesn’t look great, but it looks infinitely better than taking 10 dribble pull ups

I looked like a fool here at my house yelling at the TV like I just did. Calling a TO with 4.8 seconds left, fine. The 2 seniors being lost after the timeout inexcusable. Wtf was Pons doing?
Then you have JJJ, Fully, and Pons with a combined 3 points and 6 rebounds. 1 point and 2 rebounds each. There is something wrong internally with this team. No other way to explain it.

VN Store

Back