The Official #22 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Actually just dipped below his freshman year tonight ... after hitting 53 percent last year .. so he regressed back to his freshman pct .. so he is definitely going south ...
Where are you getting 53% from? Chris Lofton didn’t even shoot that lights out from three. May want to check that again. He is playing less minutes per game, yet improved nearly everything in his game since his freshman year.

Santiago Vescovi College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Last edited:
Free throws. Couldn’t get to the line for most of the season. Now getting there, but the shooting is something to clean up.

Defense! No opponent has cracked 80 this year.

Barnes makes $5,000,000.

Barnes is coasting to retirement.

Barnes isn’t a demonstrative sideline clown.

Barnes is mean to his players.

Did I miss anything?

You could show us your fan award for not being critical of how we played in the first half?

Powell seemed to play close to 20mins and didn’t shoot it once. Come on bro.

Yea, I took note of this myself. This tells me he's lacking confidence and/or that the players on the court need to understand where the unit's offensive strengths might be.

Free throws. Couldn’t get to the line for most of the season. Now getting there, but the shooting is something to clean up.

Defense! No opponent has cracked 80 this year.

Barnes makes $5,000,000.

Barnes is coasting to retirement.

Barnes isn’t a demonstrative sideline clown.

Barnes is mean to his players.

Did I miss anything?
Yes, don’t forget “Barnes treats people like rags.”

I'm sorry .... 37 percent ... he made 53 .. seems as though he is missing by alot .. you can tell he is thinking about it .. he missed some FT's today too
He’s pretty much at the same percentage though. There’s not a huge difference between 1%. He’s attempting more threes this season so naturally he is going to miss more and it’s going to feel like he’s shooting a lot worse. First two seasons he attempted 5 threes per game and now he is attempting 8 per game. His free throws have definitely taken a dip though. He was over 80% the first two seasons so idk what’s up with that.

I honestly thought we actually looked better today offensively. We just don’t shoot it well period but we at least looked like we were running something with a purpose for most of the game today. The flow was much better with James playing the 4 a lot today too. Part of our problem might be we get bogged down the bigger we get. James with orn or Fulkerson gives up some defensively but seems to make our spacing better. I also think it’s time to transition some of baileys and powell’s minutes to mashak. He reminds me a lot of Richardson when he came in as a freshman.

Kenny Chandler on the free throw line seems rushed, just flicking it. Looks like the finish is not at all under control and different each attempt.

They said on Basilio that he once made 44 consecutive free throws in high school. He’s now shooting them 65ish% for the season.

Yea, I took note of this myself. This tells me he's lacking confidence and/or that the players on the court need to understand where the unit's offensive strengths might be.
Or maybe he's just not as good as everyone hypes him up to be.

I love Fulky but watching him play lately is hard. He is like a rubber stick with the ball. He tries to post up bigger stronger guys and has a very hard time. I wish he had more of a midrange game and could play a lanky 3 or 4 position. He isnt strong enough to play the 5 with consistency. But he battles his arse off.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I love Fulky but watching him play lately is hard. He is like a rubber stick with the ball. He tries to post up bigger stronger guys and has a very hard time. I wish he had more of a midrange game and could play a lanky 3 or 4 position. He isnt strong enough to play the 5 with consistency. But he battles his arse off.

He’s pretty effective when he’s one on one. He’s average or below (right now) finding a teammate with a quick pass when he gets doubled in the paint. TN needs to be knocking down 3s when a post draws the double team.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
Texas Tech just beat Baylor on their home floor. That overtime loss to them is not looking that bad. Sure wish we had won though.
This team has shown they have that kind of game in them. The question becomes can they return to that level and sustain it.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back