The Official #22 Tennessee vs. #3 Kansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM, ESPN

When James returns we have a solid 9 man rotation. Mashack has earned consistent minutes. Key needs to look for his offense more often and we should run more sets for Phillips. Defensively we are locked in. When Vescovi shoots well we can beat a lot of teams. When he isn’t shooting well, our half court offense shuts down. A 9 man rotation may allow us to run more if we rebound the way we did tonight and just wear teams down.

Lots of turnovers, but great tournament win. They grew and got better. Big win over a quality team. Great job getting better everyday. Go Vols.

great win for sure.

I’m not too worried about all those to’s. I know it was bad however Tennessee has a lot of return talent, it’s early I think that will clear up.

Can you imagine how bad it could have been? Seriously without that many to’s Tennessee probably wins by 25.

Yes as the season goes I expect Keys and Phillips roles on offense continue to grow. Both are already showing they are very capable of scoring. This will help open our offense much more as we evolve. And that goes without mentioning James. Good times ahead! GBO!

Big time resume booster!! Great team effort. Made clutch plays on both ends down the stretch and took care of the basketball in the 2nd half! Great job men!!🍊🏆

Reactions: Volfan1000
The Volunteers are the Kings of Atlantis after easily defeating the Jayhawks.
Give the Volunteers the same Trident that the DC Comics Super Hero Aquaman uses.

A54E2238-A54B-4747-A189-429115A68530.jpegB0F204D5-77DA-4A18-8094-ACCD6FB8B76C.jpeg

Reactions: The Dog
Pretty good tournament format for those attending. Play the championship game early and the consolation game(s) late. Now the bars on the island can be ringing out Rocky Top and It’s Great To Be.

Reactions: Volfan1000
We won last night after shooting around 18% from 3. I’d say that shows an improvement in other areas.
The narrative that we lost to Colorado because we simply couldn't hit three pointers is laughable. We ran no offense so we had to jack up contested and rushed threes the whole game. The team just absolutely didn't show up for what ever reason.

Do you think we we’re getting effective looks from 10’ in tonight as I don’t. Mashack and Phillips will drive but neither are highly effective in traffic. Phillips has a knack for drawing fouls
Phillips is a true freshman he will be a scorer as the season goes. And James is a very good mid range player. Phillips will get there. GBO

Wilkerson doing LV PBP.

Brian Rice and Bert @ B4A.

Kesling somewhere on West End Avenue having an expensive dinner on somebody else’s dime.

Would not mind Brian Rice replacing Kesling on Tennessee football and basketball games while Wilkerson does the Lady Volunteers basketball games.

247 jayhawks is in total meltdown mode.. and they called us hillbillies. Really really kinda hurt my feelings.. ya'll

Once again, and I say this as I sit across the couch from my beautiful Kansas bride, people have literally no clue what a hillbilly actually is. Mind blowing. Hill "Billies" were Yankees that moved to the mountains post-civil war. It was the name WE gave yanks who moved to the hills. How many times I have to unpack this for the unknowing populous I do not know. On a side note: I lived in Kansas for three years. Wonderful folks. However...it is the brownest state I have ever been in. Brown land, brown shirts, brown pants, brown everything. It's like going back to the mid 90's where everyone wore corduroy pants and braided belts. No spice in their life. So...back to basketball...we whipped them.

Aidoo is the player of this game tonight with 9 boards and 2 or 3 blocks in 24 minutes tonight.

Once JJJ gets back to full strength, this team will really be dangerous on the defensive end.

I’d have to say Santi or ZZ just because them hitting from deep and playing great defense was big.

But Aidoo’s rebounding & blocks were huge!

VN Store

Back