The Official #22 Tennessee vs. #3 Kansas Game Thread, 7:30 PM, ESPN

The Vols never seem to win these early-season tournaments, so I'm not expecting a victory here.
But, I'd love to see it happen for a change.

Reactions: Volfan1000
The Vols can win and just might. Kansas, in their three previous games, have beaten Southern Utah by 6, NC State by 6, and went to overtime against an okay Wisconsin team. We hit 7-8 threes today and I think we just might beat Rock Chalk.

Put Mashack on Gradey Dick and JJJ on Wilson to shut them down everyone else is guardable. Hell Kansas should have lost yesterday if Wisconsin guy would have blocked out instead of watching the movie

The Vols can win and just might. Kansas, in their three previous games, have beaten Southern Utah by 6, NC State by 6, and went to overtime against an okay Wisconsin team. We hit 7-8 threes today and I think we just might beat Rock Chalk.
I hope we do! Their fans have quite arrogance as if they invented basketball. I think they adopted attitude from St.L Cards fans w/ baseball.

Last edited:
If Tennessee is going to win they are gonna have to have better outside shooting. Hopefully vescovi or Key can get hot early. Pair some hot shooting with Phillips staying hot and Tennessee should win.

Reactions: walkenvol
Kansas is beatable if James is available, but we must shoot better. At least match them in FG% and 3pt FG%. Our inconsistent perimeter shooting is going to cause us grief this year otherwise. Kansas isn’t as talented or deep as they have been in past years nor as explosive offensively. Wilson is a stud so we have to throw a lot of bodies at him and we have to box out everyone to eliminate 2nd chances because they rebound well.

They kinda did. The inventor of basketball, James Naismeth, also started the Kansas basketball program
No they did not “kinda did”. Naismith and Will were in Springfield, MA not Lawrence for the genesis. Interesting reading, especially about Mr.Will’s role.

My point is the Kansas fans arrogant attitude act like basketball was 100% created in Lawrence, Kansas and that is not true. They act like they know everything better and perfectly compared to any other fan base, but they are not obnoxious, rather more like preacher shaming. But that’s not to take any credit away from Naismith since he did co-invent the game AND start KU’s program.

Another analogy would be for American football with Walter Camp, if Stanford U. claimed inventing football instead of Yale.

James Naismith - Wikipedia

VN Store

Back