The Official #22 Tennessee @ #18 Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

Hate to say this, but vescovi is too much of a defensive liability. Not athletic enough to play good perimeter D. And he’s a turnover machine when he’s relied on to be the pg. He should come in to be an off ball player when we need to score, doesn’t need to be playing 20+ minutes imo
hahaha. This is funny….

I'm not worried until we start losing SEC games at home. We almost did to Ole Miss but we still got seven SEC games at home and have already played three of the four best teams in the conference on the road. Need to beat Vandy on the road and win against LSU and Florida at home. If we can do that maybe the team will get some confidence back and we can have a great second half of the season. If we fail in these upcoming game going to be a long season.

Kentucky's guards killed us. Wheeler, Washington and Grady were together 23 for 31. What's that--about 70 percent shooting? Another guard, Mintz, was 4-5! That's 27 for 36 from their guards. Crazy.

Rebounds were essentially even (Kentucky by 1). We had losing numbers on turnovers--20 to UK's 12--and UK outscored us by 14 points at the free-throw line. They shot 10 more than we did--21 total--and made 20. We were a weak 6/11.

UK shot an amazing 68 percent for the game. I didn't see the game, but obviously our defense was poor and Kentucky made virtually everything.

Where are the lovers now? He knows he ****ed up.

Hard to believe that, so 2 days ago he finally starts getting it, yet it didn’t seem like he had a single intention of playing him when we were getting nothing from anyone in the post? If it hadn’t go so out of hand I don’t think he would have ever put him in. Looks like damage control.

Yes, it is obvious he has handled personnel horribly this year. So BHH is now going to have baptism by fire when he should have been playing consistently all along and been better prepared for it.
Yes, even if you have motor questions. 10 minutes or so early, if his attitude doesnt get better then trim down his minutes. If he does what he needs to do then increase his minutes

Hard to believe that, so 2 days ago he finally starts getting it, yet it didn’t seem like he had a single intention of playing him when we were getting nothing from anyone in the post? If it hadn’t go so out of hand I don’t think he would have ever put him in. Looks like damage control.
Yes, Barnes knows he messed up at this point and hes just trying anything now. He finally is admitting his way isnt working.

Credit to another poster for sharing this in another thread. How telling is this?

From 1998 until Rick Barnes arrived, Tennessee's record overall was 374-213 (.637) and in the SEC was 174-120 (.592). There were 11 NCAAs, 3 Sweet 16s and 1 Elite 8 in 18 seasons. Barnes' record is 136-76 (.617) overall and 61-46 in the SEC (.565). He has 3 NCAAs and 1 Sweet 16.

VN Store

Back