The Official 2024 UFL Thread

I really hope this lasts becuase if this fails I think we won't see another serious shot at a spring league in a very long time. I also hope eveyrone is prepared to give it a good 2 more years before they pull the plug. The past 5 years we've have the AAF, XFL 2.0, USFL, XFL 3.0 and now the UFL. This has been the biggest push for a viable spring league since WLAF/NFL Europe and is probably the last best chance for it.

Reactions: MAD

United Football League Rules for 2024 Announced​

The United Football League (UFL) will continue to build on the innovation of both the XFL and USFL with its rules for the 2024 season.

The UFL has adopted several innovative rules from both previous leagues to deliver an exciting, fast-paced game with plenty of action.

The UFL has adopted the XFL's points after-touchdown options. Kickoffs will resemble the USFL's more traditional-style play, with a modification moving the kickoff line back to the 20-yard line.

Slight modifications have been made to the rules that overlapped, including alternate possession options in the fourth quarter. Both leagues implemented opportunities in 2023 for teams that are trailing or if the scores are tied. In 2024, the UFL will offer a 4th-and-12 from the 28-yard line.

2024 UFL RULES HIGHLIGHTS

Points After Touchdown

Teams will have three scrimmage play (run/pass) options following a touchdown.

• 2-yard line = 1 point for a successful try
  • 5-yard line = 2 points for a successful try
  • 10-yard line = 3 points for a successful try
Kickoffs

Kickoffs will look like more traditional college/NFL kickoffs but will take place from the 20-yard line of the kicking team. A kickoff out of bounds will give possession to the receiving team 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff or at the spot where the ball went out of bounds. A kickoff that is untouched by the receiving team may only be recovered by the kicking team up to 20 yards from the spot of the kick.

Other Kicking/Touchback Rules

All touchbacks on kicks (punts or kickoffs) will be placed at the receiving team's 25-yard line. Any punt that goes out of bounds inside the receiving team's 25-yard line will be considered a touchback and placed at the 25-yard line. Non-kicking touchbacks will also be placed at the 25-yard line.

Alternate Possession Option

While onside kicks are allowed at any time during the game, teams will have an alternate option to retain possession in the fourth quarter. If a team is tied or behind during the fourth quarter, it may elect to retain possession after a score with a 4th-and-12 from its own 28-yard line.

Two Forward Passes

Teams will be allowed, as they were in both leagues last season, to throw two forward passes on one play. The ball cannot cross the line of scrimmage at any time prior to the second forward pass being thrown.

Catch Definition

A completed catch or interception is defined as a player securing control of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground; and touching the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands.

Defensive Pass Interference

Defensive pass interference will result in a 15-yard penalty or a spot foul if the foul occurred less than 15 yards downfield. Intentional defensive pass interference will result in a spot foul if it is beyond 15 yards downfield.

Replay Reviews

Designated members of the officiating department may stop a game at any time before the ball is next legally put in play to review a play if the play is reviewable, there is reasonable evidence to believe an error was made in the initial ruling and it would have a direct, competitive impact on the game. These reviews will be made from a secure location separate from the site of the game. Any call or non-call related to player safety is also subject to review at any point during the game, as well as any officiating ruling in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime that is obviously incorrect and will have a significant impact on the outcome of the game.

Coach Challenges

Each coach may challenge any ruling, including fouls or potential fouls, one time during the course of a contest, provided the team has a timeout remaining. A successful challenge will not result in a loss of a timeout, while the timeout is lost if the challenge is unsuccessful.

Overtime

Overtime will consist of alternating attempts to score from the opponent's 5-yard line with no kicks allowed. It will be a best-of-three format or until a winner has been determined.

2024 UFL COACHING STAFFS

Arlington Renegades
  • Bob Stoops, Head Coach
  • Rick Mueller, General Manager
  • Reggie Davis, Tight Ends/Running Backs
  • Jay Hayes, Defensive Coordinator
  • Jonathan Himebauch, Offensive Line
  • Chuck Long, Offensive Coordinator/QBs/WRs
  • Matt McMillen, Quality Control
  • Marvin Sanders, Defensive Backs
  • Bill Sheridan, Linebackers
  • Scott Spurrier, Quality Control/Special Teams
Birmingham Stallions
  • Skip Holtz, Head Coach
  • Zach Potter, General Manager
  • Chris Boniol, Special Teams / Tight Ends
  • Corey Chamblin, Secondary
  • John Chavis, Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
  • David DeGuglielmo, Offensive Line
  • Bill Johnson, Defensive Line
  • Mike Jones, Wide Receivers
  • Phillip Montgomery, Co-Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs/Tight Ends
  • Daric Riley, Assistant Secondary
D.C. Defenders
  • Reggie Barlow, Head Coach
  • Von Hutchins, General Manager
  • Vern Dean, Defensive Backs
  • Fred Kaiss, Offensive Coordinator
  • Sean Anderson, Wide Receivers
  • Russ Ehrenfeld, Offensive Line
  • Deion Harris, Linebackers
  • Shannon Harris, Quarterbacks
  • Jeremy Watkins, Defensive Line
  • Gregg Williams, Defensive Coordinator
Houston Roughnecks
  • CJ Johnson, Head Coach
  • Lionel Vital, General Manager
  • Garret Chachere, Special Teams/Running Backs
  • Bob Connelly, Offensive Line
  • Kwahn Drake, Defensive Line
  • Jordan Higgins, Quality Control
  • Brett Maxie, Defensive Backs
  • Eric Price, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
  • Zach Shagi, Assistant Secondary
  • Chris Wilson, Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Memphis Showboats
  • John DeFilippo, Head Coach
  • Dennis Polian, General Manager
  • Kirk Doll, Special Teams/Running Backs
  • Carnell Lake, Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs
  • Doug Martin, Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
  • Paul Pasqualoni, Linebackers
  • Steven Thompson, Assistant Linebackers
  • Jim Turner, Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
  • T.J. Vernieri, Tight Ends
Michigan Panthers
  • Mike Nolan, Head Coach
  • Steve Kazor, General Manager
  • Collin Bauer, Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Line
  • Marcel Bellefeuille, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
  • Jaron Fairman, Special Teams/Wide Receivers
  • Tim Holt, Offensive Line
  • Brock Marion, Defensive Backs
  • Jordan Pavlisin, Running Backs
  • Christian Runza, Linebackers
  • Gary Watkins, Tight Ends
San Antonio Brahmas
  • Wade Phillips, Head Coach
  • Marc Lillibridge, General Manager
  • Chris Achuff, Defensive Line
  • Derrick Berry, Linebackers
  • Andre Gurode, Offensive Line
  • Payton Pardee, Wide Receivers/Special Teams
  • Will Reed, Defensive Coordinator
  • A.J. Smith, Offensive Coordinator
  • Marvin Williams, Running Backs
St. Louis Battlehawks
  • Anthony Becht, Head Coach
  • Dave Boller, General Manager
  • Donnie Abraham, Defensive Coordinator
  • Martin Bayless, Secondary
  • Kyle Caskey, Running Backs/Special Teams
  • Chris Claiborne, Linebackers
  • La’Roi Glover, Defensive Line
  • Bruce Gradkowski, Offensive Coordinator
  • Gino Gradkowski, Offensive Line
  • Phil McGeoghan, Wide Receivers

Single game tickets on sale now.

I'm happy he's getting another chance to play football. He wasn't perfect by any means in how he dealt with the situation but I also thought he got more hate than he deserved. Also I cut him some slack having to play for Butch Jones and Egghead.
I want to ask your opinion, do you think this thread should stay in this forum or be in the NFL forum?

I want to ask your opinion, do you think this thread should stay in this forum or be in the NFL forum?

Good question. I think in the NFL forum it would get more traffic. Also I guess you could think of the NFL forum as the "Pro Football" Forum. Probably move this, the CFL, and the Arena threads there. Plus since they all happen during the NFL offseason (well most of the CFL) it might garner more discussion.

Good question. I think in the NFL forum it would get more traffic. Also I guess you could think of the NFL forum as the "Pro Football" Forum. Probably move this, the CFL, and the Arena threads there. Plus since they all happen during the NFL offseason (well most of the CFL) it might garner more discussion.
Thanks, I’ll request it.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Four VFLs on UFL Opening Weekend Rosters​

IMG_7230.jpeg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Four Tennessee football VFLs who concluded their college careers with the program are on the opening rosters of the newly-formed United Football League (UFL), which kicks off this weekend.

The UFL is a merger of the XFL and USFL with each forming their own conferences.

Wide receiver JaVonta Payton won a championship with the Arlington Renegades last May. He enters his second season with the organization after catching 11 passes for 164 yards. Payton takes the field against the Birmingham Stallions at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday live on FOX.

Payton starred at wide receiver for the Vols in 2021, leading the SEC in yards per catch (22.9) and recording 18 catches for 413 yards and six touchdowns that fall.

Punter Paxton Brooks enters his first professional season as a member of the D.C. Defenders. He is joined on the D.C. roster with VFL tight end Alex Ellis. Brooks and Ellis take on the San Antonio Brahmas, who feature VFL defensive back Bryce Thompson. Kickoff is noon ET Sunday live on ESPN.

IMG_7231.jpeg

Reactions: knoxvol52
Both USFL teams won today, Stallions won over the Renegades 27-14 in the battle of the defending champions.

The Panthers beat the Battlehawks 18-16 when Jake Bates hit a 64 yard FG to win it.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD

Bates' 64 yarder to win it. Bates had only handled kickoff duties in college and had a short stint in preseason with the Texans last season. This was his first FG attempt in a real game since high school and he nails a 64 yarder that might have been good from 68. Even more impressive they called timeout to ice him and he hit the kick that didn't count before it.

My guess this dude just got himself an NFL contract.

Bates' 64 yarder to win it. Bates had only handled kickoff duties in college and had a short stint in preseason with the Texans last season. This was his first FG attempt in a real game since high school and he nails a 64 yarder that might have been good from 68. Even more impressive they called timeout to ice him and he hit the kick that didn't count before it.

My guess this dude just got himself an NFL contract.

He better not leave Detroit, my head coach doesn’t trust our current kicker for 45 yards

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back