The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

We need a point but I don’t think we can weather 90 minutes of England attack without them scoring. That second goal by Iran is a problem. We can’t lose by more than 2.

Not a problem at all thankfully. Just have to beat Iran and we in.

I guess technically if Wales beat England and we beat Iran but lose to England then it could come down to goals against. Highly unlikely but we’ve seen stranger things this WC.

Last edited:
Dang. Didn’t get to watch the Wales/Iran game and just now see that the two goals came in LATE stoppage time. Wow. These stoppage time lengths have been absurd.

Well, I'm glad I didn't wake up at 5 am and watch Wales get beat by Iran. I think I prefer losing money while I'm sleeping over watching and losing in the 98th minute

Reactions: ENGRVOL and MAD
Wow, Gakpo with an early goal for the Dutch and early winner for me. Too bad it wasn't a header, I would have won 2 bets instead of just the anytime goal scorer bet

They just showed my favorite Dutch player of all time, Wesley Schneider and he has been enjoying retirement or at least, he has been eating well.

Former Everton players are having quite a tournament. Two goals for Richarlison, including one that is probably leader in the clubhouse for goal of the tournament, two for Enner Valencia, one for Davy Klassen, and Lukaku hasn’t even set foot on the field yet.

Reactions: The Dog
I missed the first 10 minutes and the Netherlands goal, but what I've watched, Ecuador has dominated, imo. Dutch better wake up

Not a problem at all thankfully. Just have to beat Iran and we in.

I guess technically if Wales beat England and we beat Iran but lose to England then it could come down to goals against. Highly unlikely but we’ve seen stranger things this WC.
Yeah. I don't want to get conspiratorial too early. However, if England takes the group in hand by throttling us they way they did Iran I could see them deciding to rest a lot of their guys against Wales.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97 and MAD

VN Store

Back