The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

Argentina v France. Good match up. I was hoping Croatia and Morocco would pull it off so we could all enjoy seeing someone new win the cup..

Gonna have to side with Argentina on this one.

giphy.gif

Watched five minutes of Fox pregame, and what tour de force from Alexi Lalas. In one segment he managed to compare Messi to Barry Sanders and Emmett Smith and then described Mbappe’s long run down the wing against Morocco as “AYSO like”. Good grief.

Watched five minutes of Fox pregame, and what tour de force from Alexi Lalas. In one segment he managed to compare Messi to Barry Sanders and Emmett Smith and then described Mbappe’s long run down the wing against Morocco as “AYSO like”. Good grief.

But I have been told for the last month that he is a legend. His analysis skills are on par with his playing skills.

A bit surprising on those subs. Took out some offensive firepower down 2-0.
There were worried about going down 3-0. Deschamps was completely caught off guard and needed to fix his mistake instantly. Di Maria was a master move and very unexpected. He was abusing Dembele and Kounde. They needed a better defensive winger on that side. As for Giroud, he is only quality if tied or the game is within 1. He cannot press. When they went down 2, the move was imminent.

There were worried about going down 3-0. Deschamps was completely caught off guard and needed to fix his mistake instantly. Di Maria was a master move and very unexpected. He was abusing Dembele and Kounde. They needed a better defensive winger on that side. As for Giroud, he is only quality if tied or the game is within 1. He cannot press. When they went down 2, the move was imminent.

Yeah, you caught me before I edited to say mainly Giroud. Dembele has been bad. With Giroud though, he’s been your second best player all tournament and is someone you need in front of the net. I think a formation change more than anything would net better results in my eyes. If you can get another man into that second level right in front of Argentinas midfield by having Dembeles sub less as a wing and more of an attacking mid with Giroud and Mbappe in front, then you can press the midfield more than the defense and be able to stretch your midfield wider. Argentina midfield has been on cruise control and winning a lot of balls back to the Argentina forwards. France should try the same. Idk, Dechamps has forgotten more about this game then I’ll ever learn so I’m sure he has his reasons.

VN Store

Back