The Official #19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Some great dunks by Fulkerson on back-to-back plays. Just need to keep things strong for the last eight minutes.

Mrs Barnes strikes again! Stop catastrophizing every criticism. He’s had legit issues with utilizing timeouts

Barnes won’t call a time out simply because of momentum. He uses them if there is an adjustment or a sub that is needed. Otherwise, if the team is doing what they are supposed to do, he saves them for close endings. He has over 700 wins.

All you do is b*tch about Barnes

Cheer for another team if he bothers you that bad
I rather enjoy Barnes being our coach. But you can’t deny that early in his tenure here he let teams go on ridiculous runs while holding timeouts in his back pocket for no reason. My original comment was a somewhat sarcastic one. But his use of timeouts to stop momentum swings was suspect early on.

Barnes won’t call a time out simply because of momentum. He uses them if there is an adjustment or a sub that is needed. Otherwise, if the team is doing what they are supposed to do, he saves them for close endings. He has over 700 wins.
Which is an issue in my opinion and I’m willing to bet for quite a few others. I’m proud he has 700 wins as well, but that don’t mean he couldnt be better.

Which is an issue in my opinion and I’m willing to bet for quite a few others. I’m proud he has 700 wins as well, but that don’t mean he could be better.

Unless you’re able to hire another coach with over 700 wins, then I don’t see where we could “be better.”

VN Store

Back