The Official #19 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

In normal years you take a split with Kentucky any day....so this isn't a lost season. We just aren't one of the better teams in college. No crime in that. Id just prefer they didn't hype us up so dang much every year only to watch us disappoint every time.

At full strength TN can be one of the better teams. Most of the key players have had injuries far worse than boo-boos this year.

Barnes says the wrong guys were taking the wrong shots. Isn't that where coaching comes into play? If not...what's the point? Just have a robot stand there and pretend he's doing something.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I had to work today. So I didn't get to see the game. I just don't see our team going past 2nd round. The Sec Tournament or NCAA Tournament. We are too much up and down. We have the Talent to make a deep run. The question is will we. Im not questioning the coaching, but dam we just needs hours of just shooting the Basketball. Just a 30 minute drill of shooting is not enough. If your shooting inconsistent, up and down. Dam, you gotta work on your shot. I love our team and I love the Volnation. Hey I like Rick Barnes. But dam we need too practice on shooting. NO CLOWNING AROUND IN THIS PRACTICE EITHER. IVE SAID ENOUGH GUYS. IM JUST DISAPPOINTED WHEN I KNOW WE HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL HERE. THIS DUDES OUR GOOD. BUT WHO WILL SHOW UP? I DONT KNOW

Alot of the issues are what I been saying all season and coming into season .. we have NO BIG'S .. shots are not always gonna fall .. we have NO BIG STUDS INSIDE that take a miss and rebound and take it back strong to the basket .. Pons is a undersized 4 .. Fulky is a weak 4 .. we don't have 6'9 240 .. and when you can't make shots .. 6'5 guards aren't gonna get rebounds .. we got beat on boards bad .. until he gets some BIGS this is gonna be what we see.. he hasn't recruited any either .. better be some in transfer portal or next year will be same problem..

Reactions: BreatheUT
Does it matter when the coach of the team up by 15 calls the timeout?

My point. I’d preferred Barnes took a TO in the first half 15-0 run by UK but he rarely calls a TO in first half except for the one that doesn’t carry into the 2nd half. He saves them for the end but getting blown out they’re useless

2nd...laughable to even mention the refs when you lose by 15. We saw some bad calls but I'm sure it wasn't 15 points worth.

Amen. It’s frustrating and amazing to see posts about officiating. Sometimes the BETTER teams wins.

Reactions: wmcovol
Prior to today they were sitting on the expectations of being the number 7 and number 9 players drafted. If that is the case - both will go.
That's definitely possible. If we finish strong with those two performing well, it's likely. I still believe one of the stays.

Both Springer and Johnson have recently been evaluated as top 15 picks.

Your perspective is noted
A ton of guys get evaluated and then go on to never make it, those 2 will fall into that same category. They could turn into good college players but they likely won’t stay around long enough to get there.

VN Store

Back