The Official #19 Tennessee vs. #6 Arizona Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2

encino-man.gif
Yes!!!!! Encino Man!

It’s a mystery to me what has happened to Kennedy. He is really struggling against good teams. Texas Tech, Villanova, and Arizona just mailed him physically and he did not respond well. He didn’t look confident at all tonight driving the lane. I hope Rick can help him figure things out. We will go as far as he takes us.

Can't really blame the AZ players for being mouthy. The officiating was blatantly one sided and they were very upset about it.

Can't really blame the AZ players for being mouthy. The officiating was blatantly one sided and they were very upset about it.

It was bad on both sides but that’s still no excuse to sling Chandler across the floor and mouthing to Powell when he’s trying to shoot free throws.

He’s always so passive with the ball which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

However, he’s 7’0 tall.

Absolutely no reason he can’t post up and use his size to his advantage.
It seems we have him at the top of the key way too much. Use a guy like Fulky for those high screens instead. To me, someone who’s an offensive threat needs to be used up there.

It’s a mystery to me what has happened to Kennedy. He is really struggling against good teams. Texas Tech, Villanova, and Arizona just mailed him physically and he did not respond well. He didn’t look confident at all tonight driving the lane. I hope Rick can help him figure things out. We will go as far as he takes us.

He played decent the first half

What worried me most was a point late in the game were he dribbled inside the three point line, was left completely uncovered, started his shooting motion, then bailed out and gave the ball up. Seemed like he was in his own head late in the game and it was affecting his confidence. Can’t let that continue into conference play

If you’ve seen my posts you know I’ve said for years college basketball officials are terrible. My problem is when fans think that it’s against Tennessee specifically. As we saw tonight, it’s not. Officials are just terrible. But had Arizona not had ten turnovers to start the game they would have won.

It’s simply amazing how many so-called “fans” would rather see this program lose a game than win. Pathetic.

What worried me most was a point late in the game were he dribbled inside the three point line, was left completely uncovered, started his shooting motion, then bailed out and gave the ball up. Seemed like he was in his own head late in the game and it was affecting his confidence. Can’t let that continue into conference play

Oh, yeah, I definitely remember that play. It happened again, too. You could definitely see his confidence get increasingly shaken as the game went on. He was indecisive and struggled to hold onto the ball. Hopefully he learns from this and it makes him hungrier to improve. Every single NBA player has the size and physicality of TTU and Arizona. He has to find a way to deal with his own lack of size of he wants to be a PG in the NBA.

If you’ve seen my posts you know I’ve said for years college basketball officials are terrible. My problem is when fans think that it’s against Tennessee specifically. As we saw tonight, it’s not. Officials are just terrible. But had Arizona not had ten turnovers to start the game they would have won.

Is it accurate in your mind that our defense had something to do with Arizona's inauspicious start? Or was that Tony Greene's fault too? 😁

So? They had ten turnovers. That's like saying if TN hit 10 more threes then they would have won by 30. We forced those turnovers.

VN Store

Back