The Official #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Memphis Game Thread

Just want to say, when you have two senior guards who are such poor shooters and cannot perform better than Turner and Bowden your going to lose ball games while having to depend on them..They should be leaders. But very inconsistent and sad.

I'm not sure what's worse. The actual loss, or the knowledge that little Penny is use the win as a green light to run around spewing more of his crybaby crap and justify his behavior.
Yep our team let a bunch of uncoached freshman come to our stadium and take a big old piss all over us today. After that showing I’d be cool with playing Bowden and turner as little as possible the rest of the year and let the young guys have most of the time, it’s a rebuilding year anyway and what your senior guards are supposed to do is prevent things like today from happening. Since they can’t even do that let’s begin the moving on process.

Reactions: amorange
Bunch of idiots in this fanbase.

Bad shooting night against the #13 ranked team in the country and suddenly we suck again. “Barnes can’t coach!”

We’ve already beat two Top 25 teams even though we were projected to struggle this year.

This loss sucks and Penny is still a whiny b*tch but we’re still a good team. Stop overreacting.
Our offense has been horrid all season. What I seen today was 2 average teams. However Memphis has Wiseman coming back at least. We are a NIT team in my opinion

Bunch of idiots in this fanbase.

Bad shooting night against the #13 ranked team in the country and suddenly we suck again. “Barnes can’t coach!”

We’ve already beat two Top 25 teams even though we were projected to struggle this year.

This loss sucks and Penny is still a whiny b*tch but we’re still a good team. Stop overreacting.

They may be ranked #13 but they aren't the 13th best team in the country. They played pretty terribly. If any of the 3 no shows does a damn thing we win and probably without that much drama.

We gave that game to Memphis, end of story. Memphis left us wide open all night, and we couldn’t throw it in the ocean.

Karma will catch up to Penny eventually.

We let a Memphis big man play the last 5 minutes of the game with 4 fouls and we didn't even attempt to attack him, instead settling for crap shots that weren't falling at all

Why would it matter? If you can’t hit free throws why draw fouls? Who do we have that can take advantage of him not being in the game? I get your point but it’s moot.

That was about as pathetic a performance I've seen from Tenn in a long time. And it starts with Turner and Bowden. Held Memphis to 51 points and still lost. Terrible

Notice I said THIS TEAM. What he did last year when he wasn’t running point has nothing to do with now.
Will have to agree to disagree. Horrible game by Turner and he is definitely having growing pains growing into running the point. I have seen some good and also some bad w/ LT running the point. What I was saying was that overall LT has usually been very reliable in clutch situations . Speaking of the “now” (few weeks back) the game winner against VCU would have been an L ... for “the team “ , had LT missed the shot . Not a good showing and plenty of things need to be fixed . Hopefully by mid February things LT is more efficient running the point and the team is beginning to peak, -vs- last year where we peaked in late January / early February and couldn’t move past the sweet 16.

Reactions: SimplemanTN

VN Store

Back