The Official #19 Tennessee vs. #13 Memphis Game Thread

Their defense is doubling everyone and they are able recover whenever the pass is made. They are a much quicker team. Im surprised we didnt get any 8 second calls with their press.

Barnes has got to put James at point. This offense is so stagnant with Turner running the point and Turner is out of his element.

there was noone else on the court who he could give the ball to that felt comfortable dribbling out of pressure...Memphis just double teamed him and the open guy was making them pay.

Dear lord we are a bad team. Lol. Why don’t we have any players? We’re only winning to start the season because we’ve had a winning culture and have played a cup cake schedule. This team is going have a losing sec record. Might have an overall losing record once it’s all said and done. This is painful to watch

Lol. Rick Barnes won 15 games with his first roster, which was awful.

Thanks for the drive-by. It’s one half.

Should be up big, but I’ll take down one with James, Pons and Bowden all in foul trouble. Memphis is outclassed and out coached. All we need to do is stay out of foul trouble and start hitting some of these wide open 3s

Reactions: feathersax
Dear lord we are a bad team. Lol. Why don’t we have any players? We’re only winning to start the season because we’ve had a winning culture and have played a cup cake schedule. This team is going have a losing sec record. Might have an overall losing record once it’s all said and done. This is painful to watch
Lol, you who admittedly didn’t watch all the games. Cup cake schedule....that’s UK bubba

Reactions: feathersax
Your not going to beat many teams while shooting 20%......let alone a decent to good team.

If Tennessee can not find their shot, Fairly soon (in the second) it could be a long second half for Tennessee........you can’t keep teams down forever without some O yourself.

Only 3 Vols scored from the floor - JJJ Fulky & Pember
Zero production from the floor by LT Bowden & Pons - typically 3 of our top 4 scorers
Still only down by 1 with a very rested first team

Would you like to wager that we are going to have a losing SEC record and maybe an overall losing record? I’m pretty sure there would be several takers in the board.

that half right there shows you the importance of getting the Uruguayan kid in next semester. We are one ball handler short and memphis pressed us into getting out of our offense because you can’t break it efficiently with only one bal handler out there.

Turner sucks plain and simple. He's not a point guard. I say let James roll with it and feed Turner and Jordan. Our SR guards need to wake the hell up. Defense is doing very well. Just no offensive identity

Scariest thing is that I think Memphis may have easier adjustments to make then UT.

This isn't a must win coming in to the game, but if we lose after being up 12 at home. Terrible look

I see it exactly the opposite. We played well on defense and the offense produced a boat load of open shots. All we have to do is make the damn shots. We shoot even 40 percent on the open shots and we are ahead by 15 right now. Memphis is playing street ball, turning it over and throwing up trash with no semblance of an offensive system. We are beating their defense but can't make uncontested shots.

VN Store

Back