The Official #18 Tennessee vs. UT Martin Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Sure will, I think because Barnes is allowing us to shoot more 3s now we will be able to stay in ball games even if we haven’t played too well. Powell, chandler, and vescovi are all bombers.

Bailey & James can shoot it well too. Just got so much depth now if someone is cold from deep it’s not going to kill us.

Looks like several ranked teams are/were in tighter games tonight. Will be interesting to see how things evolve when Fulky gets back. I fear foul trouble on the bigs will be an issue as far as depth is concerned. He will help with that. Got some shooters and the freshmen are doing well. Excited for the future!!!

Reactions: Vols All Day
Sure wish they would adopt the football rule allowing a guy to play in 1/3rd of the games and still red shirt. ZZZ would set benefit as would Mashack. Looks like they’re planning to rs the Frenchman

u can play I think 8 games may be 9 & still redshirt

What I see is the possibility of a really good team. The parts are there, just need some gelling time, especially on defense. This will be a fun year!

I just need more Chandler ball screens to be truly happy
Chandler and the rest of the guards are going to need to stop letting the other team drive right by them over and over again, then I’ll be happy
Glad the offense evolved though, love to see it

When did this rule change occur?
They can play in first 1/3 of the season or something and medically redshirt. I don’t think they have the football rule letting freshman play in 7-8 games, but they can find an injury if they decide it’s be more beneficial after a few games.

Bama is an early season darling.
According to the gator on the SECN, Florida, Kentucky, bama and Arkansas are the tourney locks from the SEC...😒

I hope he improves but I'm not impressed with Young. We'll see how much he improves.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
My overreactions based on one game.
1. Kennedy Chandler will be better for Tn for one year then Keon and Springer were put together.
2. Powell > Bailey. Expect more Powell and less Bailey going forward.
3. I love Uros but he doesn’t rebound well enough to get major minutes once Fulky and Aidoo get healthy. 1 rebound this game.
4. ON rebounding is strong and offensive game is good enough to earn major minutes even with BHH looking like a stud.
5. Mashack grabbed 5 rebounds in limited minutes and played so lid D. He will be a stud.
6. Really hope JJJ finds his confidence/ aggression moving forward because he can be a difference maker.

Is there a replay of the game out there yet??? I only caught the last 5 minutes of the 1st half.. Thanks

VN Store

Back