The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Why do we make 1000 passes until the shot clock is below 10 before we decide to shoot?

Does anyone else feel like we shoot worse at home than on the road? I haven’t looked at the numbers but just feels that way to me. I’ve wondered if the empty stadium has something to do with it but again I haven’t looked at the numbers to know if there really is a difference or if it’s just in my head.

I'm not sure if its just at home, but its becoming a trend for us to shoot under 20% from the 3 since starting SEC play

We shot in the 30's and won were really playing ugly on offense right now. I don't know how were going to get something going. Players have to make some of the perimeter shots to open up the inside.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Does anyone else feel like we shoot worse at home than on the road? I haven’t looked at the numbers but just feels that way to me. I’ve wondered if the empty stadium has something to do with it but again I haven’t looked at the numbers to know if there really is a difference or if it’s just in my head.

Florida, at Florida says hello......

I just feel like the SEC teams know Barnes style of ball, and we've got 4 guys (Keon, Springer, Bailey, EJ) who are all playing their first season in conference.

I think this team got overhyped a bit with the 2 five stars incoming, had we had a traditional off-season I think we might have lived up to it. Still we're 11-3 and all 3 losses were more about what we didn't do offensively than what the other teams did.

make way too many passes, don't drive to the paint to draw fouls, Barnes may be getting exposed a bit... you got all this talent and we are tanking instead of improving... that is the key--- we should be improving, not regressing.

I think we can all agree at this point that our 5*'s don't need to be looking ahead at potentially going to the draft... they need a couple more years minimum at this rate to improve and be consistent players.

Reactions: Manning Up
Remember when we were ranked like 6th and beat Mizz by 20.... yeah, good times... seems like a year ago... now their ranked ahead of us....

I don't know. We look like an average high school team to me. How bad does college basketball have to be for us to ever be ranked 6th? I'm happy we aren't bottom feeders and have some respectability in the world of college basketball but my gawd...we don't look good at all. Nobody can shoot on this team. That's a problem. They look slow... bored and bad. I keep thinking we're waiting for some key player to come back but this is it. I haven't watched this team as much as I'd like and I look for some indication there's something special about the team...but for the life of me I don't see it....at all.

Reactions: Hbg
WOW, Auburn is getting way better each game, improving on all fronts, playing confident and with swagger, THEIR 5* improving and playing lights out... meanwhile we are just floundering barely able to hang on... can't even shoot.... regressing.

I hate to say it, but Barnes may be getting exposed this season. He has been lauded with doing more with less... now he has more and is crapping the bed... not good.

One thing that I've noticed is despite being a defensive team we don't generate a lot of steals. Before tonight we were at 7.6 a game, which is 82nd in the country.

Also since moving into SEC play we went from a +4 in total rebounds to a -3, we're one of the worst teams in conference at rebounding (12th right now).

Ugly win, but we will take it. Sometimes it is good to grind out a win, but boy we are far away from the squad we thought we may have. Some players are really struggling. Was good to see Nkamhoua play well.

Why do we make 1000 passes until the shot clock is below 10 before we decide to shoot?
Same here. JJJ doesn't even look for a shot. Vescovi has tough time getting shot off. Fulky is a non factor, maybe he's hurt. Hopefully Springer doesn't miss anymore games. He seems to make everybody better.
Springer doesn't look bothered like some by any barking from the sidelines either. What do I know?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ugly win, but we will take it. Sometimes it is good to grind out a win, but boy we are far away from the squad we thought we may have. Some players are really struggling. Was good to see Nkamhoua play well.

He played his best game this year. Hopefully, we see more of what he did tonight

VN Store

Back