The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
With what I just saw, I can't believe this team isn't 0-4. If we played SC today, they would have beaten us like government mules. Right now this team looks as bad as 2017.

I have to agree with this post. I just don't like what I see from this program. JG is not the only problem but it seems like when we are in a game, it's his mistakes the continually takes us out of it.

We spotted them a 17-0, (I know Shrout's interception led to 3), then you come out and get a 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter with your SENIOR QB. The kid just doesn't have it.

That pick was JG anticipating, pre-snap, that the LB would cheat up, to pick up the RB dump. Well, he didn't. INT TD.
This is just a generic pic. But we avoid throwing the ball in the shaded out area. I'm sure they don't trust him to read the defense and make an accurate throw. We're taking away a good percentage of playing field because it's too dangerous of a pass for our qbs.

1602967546600.png

Well there is a brite side to this. What is it you may ask. There is no reason now to not play the QB with the most upside. JG has lost what confidence he had and Shrout whatever is clearly not the man. I would go with the next one now hopefully it is HB

I'm have to rewatch...but
1 reminded me of JG down the sideline
2 endzone overthrows
1 dropped across the middle was his best..... it was on the money..he leads there and the wr is toast...
The one he overthrew in the end zone the receiver quit on his route...still led us into the redzone unlike JG. To small of a sample size tho. He needs to play the rest of the year.

Then I’m going have to pull back some of my emotional investment in Pruitt and the direction the program is going in. Which means Saturdays will not be reserved 100% for watching TN football. If I have something better to do then watching Tn football I will do it rather then watch a pathetic effort at playing football.

SWVA offers some incredible hiking and fishing this time of year!

The one he overthrew in the end zone the receiver quit on his route...still led us into the redzone unlike JG. To small of a sample size tho. He needs to play the rest of the year.
That's just not true.

JG led us into the redzone and we scored on that drive JG didn't throw a single pass.....

Kentucky had 7 more yards of total offense than Tennessee.

And if you count KO/P returns, Tennessee had 42 yards more offense than Kentucky.

However, losing turnover battle 4-1 and Kentucky getting 126 yards and 14 points made all the difference in the world. (Game Changers)

Also Kentucky with 1 penalty for 10 yards, Tennessee with 6 penalties for 63 yards (Game Changers)

Any time your defense only gives up 294 yards , you should either win or be within a score! Most these yards were in the forth quarter when they were gassed lost faith in the offense.

Yup, nothing says he couldn't study playbook and take personal reps with recievers. It doesn't have to be practiced scrimmage. People act like this is the first football game the kid ever played. CoViD had everyone on lock down team probably engaged with only other players, plenty of time to get a feel. It is a game, he isn't trying to put a man on the moon.
unlike JG, who apparently already has put a coach on the moon

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I know that, just saying, there's no proof any of the qb's have been developed. I also don't think putting HB signals anything. Did it last year when Maurer or Shrout were put in? I hope I'm wrong but I don't have any faith at this point.

HB is, we hope, the QB of the future for us. I think shrout and Maurer have always been 2s. Last year we still had a lot of holes. This year the QB is literally costing us games.

I can’t argue that QB Develpoment isn’t a concern. You’d have to be blind to do that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back