The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Texas is not a good basketball team.. they are stout defensively.. offense struggled like ours.. Ramey doesn’t do that **** every night

Are the Vols a good basketball team? From what I saw we are on a similar level. They are more athletic and have more skilled bigs and wings, we are better at guard. I do think we have a higher ceiling for beating top level teams but there isn't a lot of separation between us and them.

Reactions: robed20
7 seconds is plenty of time bro

The original post wanted JJJ to catch Z's pass, then dribble toward the goal and get fouled while trying a guarded two.
Ball inbounded at 6.2 secs, Z runs the court & passes, JJJ caught and shot which is what most coaches want you to do here as if any time left after the shot, you pray for the offensive tip in, but ON on the ground and they blocked out. Game over.
It would have been better to sink a few more free throws during the game.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Something interesting to watch here. ORN at the top there it looks like he was trying to call a TO. That tells me either Barnes told them to pass halfcourt and all a TO, or the original play got blown up and he was trying to call one to set something else up. It makes me feel even better about that final play

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Must be a down year.

Or maybe the guy has improved and is just good.
There's always two ways to look at it. Some people think they need more money others think they should cut costs. Six of one, and a half a dozen of another. Half empty or half full. Get the picture?

As mad as I am about losing to this bad Texas team you bring up very, very valid points. UT will continue to bring in good talent under Barnes and go to the tourney. Hopefully one of those teams will get hot at the right time and go to a final 4 or further. As far as this game, there were a lot of well drawn up plays where shots were missed including several right at the rim. Make those and just 75% of your free throws and we win by double digits.
Including letting a guy who shoots 25% from 3 to take the final shot instead of attacking the rim. We have a street ball offense that chunks 3’s instead of attacking the rim. You guys can keep calling people dumbass juvenile names, but I question your basketball IQ if you believe this is a great offensive strategy. Let the knuckledraggers that have never played a competitive sport in their lives reply. Don’t really care about the opinions of people that have never won ****

Reactions: JVol76V2
Are the Vols a good basketball team? From what I saw we are on a similar level. They are more athletic and have more skilled bigs and wings, we are better at guard. I do think we have a higher ceiling for beating top level teams but there isn't a lot of separation between us and them.
Honestly.. no we aren’t

Reactions: Big time vol
The original post wanted JJJ to catch Z's pass, then dribble toward the goal and get fouled while trying a guarded two.
Ball inbounded at 6.2 secs, Z runs the court & passes, JJJ caught and shot which is what most coaches want you to do here as if any time left after the shot, you pray for the offensive tip in, but ON on the ground and they blocked out. Game over.
It would have been better to sink a few more free throws during the game.
You don’t shoot a nba 3 down by 1.. it’s that simple. If you don’t see that then there is an issue

Also bud I was there.. so I think I know what could of happened. Reason i said it

Reactions: VolArmy74 and VOLED
Frustrating loss. Can’t have scoring droughts like we have every game and especially tonight and expect to win in March. Also even more frustrating is the FT shooting which is terribly inconsistent and a lot of times flat out terrible. Loved the fight from the guys even tho it fell short. Hope Rick watches the tape and realizes the full court press and small ball lineup works with this team. On the last shot I wish a Texas defender closed out perfectly on him, I’d have had more confidence that JJJ would have drained it then bc that’s the type of weird shooter he is. Good news is this loss won’t hurt us much in terms of resume.

Something interesting to watch here. ORN at the top there it looks like he was trying to call a TO. That tells me either Barnes told them to pass halfcourt and all a TO, or the original play got blown up and he was trying to call one to set something else up. It makes me feel even better about that final play

Looking at this replay, ZZ had a clear line to the basket if he had kept dribbling to the right.

Looks like he had his mind set to kick out from the outset. Don't know if it was his mindset to kick out or if Barnes drew it up with that in mind.

Reactions: VOLED
They had Vescovi guarded all night.

They were bumping, grabbing him, holding him away from the ball. He was constantly trying to move to get open like he usually does but I give Beard credit. He decided to rough up our best player away from the ball until Refs started calling it but they never did. It was ironic how rough at times they let them play and at the end, a ghost foul by JJJ was what decided the game.

Reactions: walkenvol
Including letting a guy who shoots 25% from 3 to take the final shot instead of attacking the rim. We have a street ball offense that chunks 3’s instead of attacking the rim. You guys can keep calling people dumbass juvenile names, but I question your basketball IQ if you believe this is a great offensive strategy. Let the knuckledraggers that have never played a competitive sport in their lives reply. Don’t really care about the opinions of people that have never won ****

That’s not the way the game is played anymore…and we don’t have the personnel to strictly attack the rim. KC and ZZ are quick and can get there, but length can bother them. Vescovi and JJJ are not good on the run. In today’s game, you have to stretch the defense and make some 3’s.

What’s funny is some of our fans have been clamoring for Barnes to go to a more modern analytics-style offense, and now we get this.

Shows how much you pay attention. I already said they will probably make the tourney. When they go home early you still going to come back and tell everybody they had any business being there?

It doesn’t matter how much you think they deserve to be there.

Why don’t you just stfu and stop trying to make everyone else miserable?

Go kick rocks.

You don’t shoot a nba 3 down by 1.. it’s that simple. If you don’t see that then there is an issue

Also bud I was there.. so I think I know what could of happened. Reason i said it

At least I learned from you what it takes to be an expert...
BTW, Shirley, it's Miller, not bud

It doesn’t matter how much you think they deserve to be there.

Why don’t you just stfu and stop trying to make everyone else miserable?

Go kick rocks.
I am not sure if you are aware of it or not but Freak added a little gadget called the ignore button. All you have to do is press it. Now run along and go find more posters that you like to reply to when they dont agree with you.

Reactions: Tnphil
Seldom do you lose when you get up 16 more shots than the opponent and the free throws are even. Yet we managed to do it last night.

We dominated the offensive glass, another thing that rarely happens in a loss. but it just led to us missing 2 footers.

26%

VN Store

Back