The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

Tennessee is 20% on threes, Texas is 45% on threes. Why does it feel like every other game has Tennessee at such a huge disparity from the three point line?
Tennessee collapses for help defense which always leaves an open shooter.

One of those nights we’ve had periodically where we couldn’t throw it in the ocean if we were standing on the pier. Give Texas some credit. They are a good defensive team and have done a really good job of shutting off the driving lanes and forcing outside shots.
This offense happens way to often

Those 2 points we gave them by fouling at half court is the same we have scored in the second half after 8 minutes.

The basketball IQ combined with coaching compared to the Grant Williams times is embarrassing... We are not a top 25 team at all....

Reactions: Tshotdan
Ride on

Attachments

• roller-coasters-eye-catching-designs-02.png
    roller-coasters-eye-catching-designs-02.png
    126 KB · Views: 0
I can agree with this

Tennessee doesn't have any loss outside of Q1 in terms of NET rankings, and the game at Alabama is their worst loss according to Torvik/KenPom/BPI. Unless the Vols start losing to truly bad teams, their floor is a #6 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Recruit kids who can put the ball in the basket. This is really getting old. I've seen better shooters on middle school teams.
Exactly why Auburn is the best team. Pearl has a team full of go getters and dudes that can flat out shoot and score

Texas is getting open looks. They're collapsing and leaving a open shooter. We've done it all year. This offensive performance is offensive..

This team has lost alllll confidence offensively. And Barnes refuses to at least attempt something different and actually run set plays. It's so frustrating watching this team on offense. Can they not set screens and actually run an offense. Ugggh
They sure don't look like the #18 team in the country.

Chris beard is such a good coach. He’s essentially schemed us out of this game by taking away Vescovi knowing that we have zero other offensive threats. Offensively he knows we tend overextend our guards and is just having his guys drive and dish. We have just collected a group of players that have no identity and it kind of is what it is for this year. I wish we’d use the rest of the year to play mashak, Frenchie and aidoo meaningful minutes. Those kids are the future and I’d rather develop them now than wait and try to do it on the fly next year. Orn and uros just aren’t it

The basketball IQ combined with coaching compared to the Grant Williams times is embarrassing... We are not a top 25 team at all....

Reactions: TJVol95
One of those nights we’ve had periodically where we couldn’t throw it in the ocean if we were standing on the pier. Give Texas some credit. They are a good defensive team and have done a really good job of shutting off the driving lanes and forcing outside shots.
Texas is a good defensive team but they aren't doing all of this. We are self inflicting a lot of it.

Reactions: LibertyVol

VN Store

Back