The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

The show cause doesn't happen if Tennessee tells Bruce what the NCAA has, and tells the NCAA Bruce isn't taking more than a few games suspension. Missouri did that the very next year with Haith. Haith did way more than Pearl, he got 8 games because Missouri leaned on the NCAA. Pearl's 3 year show cause was facilitated by Tennessee/Hamilton.
You didnt give an example of a program bucking a 3 yr show cause because there isn't one. Doesn't matter that other coaches did more than Bruce - that was the hand dealt us. We couldn't keep Pearl - and nobody else could hire him til he served his time. EOS

You didnt give an example of a program bucking a 3 yr show cause because there isn't one. Doesn't matter that other coaches did more than Bruce - that was the hand dealt us. We couldn't keep Pearl - and nobody else could hire him til he served his time. EOS

I'm saying Bruce never gets a 3 year show cause if Tennessee/Hamilton doesn't screw him over. Bruce's violations were less than what most coaches get a few games over. Tennessee didn't challenge the NCAA investigation or results. They rolled over. We've probably lost out on 1 or 2 Final Fours because of Hamilton was spineless.

Pearl knows how to push the envelope, like most successful coaches, and get away with it. He’s probably going to another Final Four this year while Barnes watches it on TV, again….
Get away with it? Lol...okay...you must have missed the end of his Tennessee tenure.

Don’t think Fulky is the “leader” type. Plus it’s hard to lead from the bench. He’s either always sick or injured and gets thrown around like a rag doll
He reminds me of the scarecrow on wizard of oz when he's down from the pole and trying to walk and get around. Even the slightest contact will send him head over heels onto the floor.

Reactions: vol94
Get away with it? Lol...okay...you must have missed the end of his Tennessee tenure.
What happened at TN was totally on the UT Administration for not supporting Pearl. Auburn has supported him through the NCAA issues and he’s rewarding them with exciting basketball teams, SEC Championships and Final 4’s. Guess I’m a little jealous

I keep repeating myself but people laughed when I said some of these players need to develop a 12-15 foot game.
No laughing here. You're absolutely correct. The midrange game has vanished from today's game at all levels for the most part. Hated the Celtics when Bird, McHale, Parrish and Ainge were there, but damn, they played some beautiful team basketball. Superb fundamentals.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
What happened at TN was totally on the UT Administration for not supporting Pearl. Auburn has supported him through the NCAA issues and he’s rewarding them with exciting basketball teams, SEC Championships and Final 4’s. Guess I’m a little jealous
What a joke. "Totally on the UT administration"??? You have to be lidding me. That's like blaming the rape victim because she was drunk. Or blaming the gun for a murder.

Pearl is responsible for his own actions and the consequences of thise actions.

HE hosted junior recruits at an event.
HE told them it was illegal.
HE told them not to say anything.
HE lied about it to NCAA investigators.
And HE asked the Craft family to lie to NCAA investigators.

Quit trying to absolve him of amy responsibility and blaming anyone but the person who put all of it in motion. That's such a juvenile mindset, even if you're right that the administration did nothing to help him after the fact. It's still HIS fault.

Okay, I get the frustration of losing the way we lost. We shot ourselves in the foot in a lot of ways and got out toughed. With that being said, I don't see how one can take away from this game that we might not even make the tournament. Jmo
Check out the schedule the rest of the way. We could easily finish 16-12 (7-9). If that happens then we would probably need a couple SEC tournament wins to make the dance. We have to find a way to 17-11 (8-8) at a minimum. Again, I think we will but it is far from a sure thing at this point. These next 6 games are huge. 3-3 and we should be ok.

I'm saying Bruce never gets a 3 year show cause if Tennessee/Hamilton doesn't screw him over. Bruce's violations were less than what most coaches get a few games over. Tennessee didn't challenge the NCAA investigation or results. They rolled over. We've probably lost out on 1 or 2 Final Fours because of Hamilton was spineless.
No - what you said was UT should have kept Barnes after the show cause. Now you're arguing the merit of the show cause - which is pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things.

What a joke. "Totally on the UT administration"??? You have to be lidding me. That's like blaming the rape victim because she was drunk. Or blaming the gun for a murder.

Pearl is responsible for his own actions and the consequences of thise actions.

HE hosted junior recruits at an event.
HE told them it was illegal.
HE told them not to say anything.
HE lied about it to NCAA investigators.
And HE asked the Craft family to lie to NCAA investigators.

Quit trying to absolve him of amy responsibility and blaming anyone but the person who put all of it in motion. That's such a juvenile mindset, even if you're right that the administration did nothing to help him after the fact. It's still HIS fault.
Such egregious transgressions. I’m surprised he wasn’t put in jail. Meanwhile we have a coach at LSU telling a handler he’ll pay whatever takes to get a player and it’s on tape. Whats His penalty? A 1 game suspension. His Administration backed him up

Last edited:
This is false.
Pearl was set up but because of his arrogance he believed he was ahead of them when it actuality he was far behind. IF he built equity with a contrite attitude he would have been OK. Karma.

No - what you said was UT should have kept Barnes after the show cause. Now you're arguing the merit of the show cause - which is pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I didn't say that at all. But I'll agree with whomever did say it. It'd rather have had Pearl and reported to the NCAA 6 times in 3 years than have lost him.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Auburn can have that cheating carny barker. Sports wins aren't the only thing that matter in this world.
No not in world but in sports it doesn’t matter! If you think “moral character“ means anything in big time: sports and professional sports you are fooling yourself! It has absolutely nothing to do with winning games and performance! The sleazier the better!

Reactions: 1985Vols
Such aggregious transgressions. I’m surprised he wasn’t put in jail. Meanwhile we have a coach at LSU telling a handler he’ll pay whatever takes to get a player and it’s on tape. Whats His penalty? A 1 game suspension. His Administration backed him up
You're missing the point, which isn't surprising. Also, LOL at "aggregious".

VN Store

Back