The Official #17 Tennessee vs Georgia State Weekend Series Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 5:30PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 3PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1PM)

Ya know, I was thinking...always a bad start...but here goes.

GaSt. Has played the toughest schedule of any baseball team and I don’t care that Warren Nolan ranks their SOS at #10. Every team they have played is ranked.

We swept them and on the final day, we shut them out. We had only one error over the weekend, the staff only allowed two runs all weekend. The bats are coming around, catching up with the pitching. Our RPI is okay. We have 5 games left in the “preseason” before SEC play.

I like where we are. No doubt there is still work to do, but things seem on a good track.

GBO!!!

GaSt. Has played the toughest schedule of any baseball team and I don’t care that Warren Nolan ranks their SOS at #10. Every team they have played is ranked.

We swept them and on the final day, we shut them out. We had only one error over the weekend, the staff only allowed two runs all weekend. The bats are coming around, catching up with the pitching. Our RPI is okay. We have 5 games left in the “preseason” before SEC play.

I like where we are. No doubt there is still work to do, but things seem on a good track.

GBO!!!

I am looking forward to the mid-week game. Charlotte lost their first game of the season today. I believe Austin Knight (former Vol) is their 3rd baseman. The defense and pitching felt more like what we are accustomed to this weekend.

Reactions: txbo and vol66
I am looking forward to the mid-week game. Charlotte lost their first game of the season today. I believe Austin Knight (former Vol) is their 3rd baseman. The defense and pitching felt more like what we are accustomed to this weekend.

I didn’t know that Austin Knight was playing there, good to know. Hopefully we’ll keep progressing.

I didn’t know that Austin Knight was playing there, good to know. Hopefully we’ll keep progressing.

I just pulled up his stats. He is hitting .400 with 4HR and 17RBI. Charlotte is 7-3. I misread their game article.

I just pulled up his stats. He is hitting .400 with 4HR and 17RBI. Charlotte is 7-3. I misread their game article.

That’s a great stat line! I admittedly don’t know much about Charlotte, but AK seems to be doing well which is great to see!

30 minutes from my house and no fans allowed in other than their family members. I reckon I will either sneak to campus and try to watch from the hill or watch online.

GBO!!!
Also, I would just like to point out. We were missing 2 weekend starters as well.

VN Store

Back