The Official #17 Tennessee vs. Florida State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, CBS Sports Network

Serious question: How will Barnes rest/rotate his guards, given that they play again next day?

Or will he ride Turner and Bowden to both buzzers (if needed) to make the point to benchers that they must become dependable, integral parts of the team before tournament time in May?

At this point in the season, maybe Barnes would tell the team days in advance exactly how many minutes Turner, Bowden and James will and will not play today, and then see who rises to the occasion--even if it means a loss.

You play to win the 1st game, not worrying about tomorrow...if you’re in a position to win and need those guys out there you play them and don’t worry about the minutes.

I don’t feel too good about this one. Just a bad matchup imo. It’s a road game really. If Vols are going to win we need 15 from pons, double digits from James, and a efficient night from turner. Basically we have to play a perfect game.

Reactions: Vol49er and Catbone
I don’t feel too good about this one. Just a bad matchup imo. It’s a road game really. If Vols are going to win we need 15 from pons, double digits from James, and a efficient night from turner. Basically we have to play a perfect game.

Have to play a perfect game in order to beat an unranked team?

Actually the thread title is incorrect. We are the designated home team and it's at a neutral site, not @ FSU.

I agree. At the end of the year, this game could have some bearing on making the tournament or seeding, or both.

VN Store

Back