The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #5 Villanova Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN News

2 horrible calls and setting a tone is way different than the team tucking tail. But please feel free to overreact to an early loss. It just adds to our fan base’s knowledge of bball

Please point to where I have overreacted to the loss at all. In fact I have barely commented on it. I'll be sure and wait while you search. I'll also be looking forward to your vast knowledge you can bestow on the rest of us.

Reactions: HarsinVol
Please point to where I have overreacted to the loss at all. In fact I have barely commented on it. I'll be sure and wait while you search. I'll also be looking forward to your vast knowledge you can bestow on the rest of us.

Long wait ahead...

We’ll, you mentioned Tournament success and the Vols deepest run came in the same season they lost to an actual rutty poo. So your reply to my post read like an overreaction

That first half was brutal. Outside of Vescovi, there aren't many positives to cling to. It was alarmingly reminiscent of our worst performances from the last two seasons. We will get better... but this team has limitations, just like last year's did.

Basketball is a game of momentum, the refs took that from us within the first two minutes of the game. I agree we looked lost on Offense but I'm tired of playing against two teams when we line up

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
@wesrucker247

#Vols coach Rick Barnes: The biggest factors in that game were [Villanova] winning all the 50-50 balls and our turnovers. Any time you play those guys, you learn a lot about yourself. We learned a lot about ourselves today.
Absolutely agree. They learned a great lesson on what they have to work on. Villanova’s defense took them completely out of their game. Flat got out-hustled. If you are a competitor, sometimes it’s good to get a good old woodshed whipping. Reminds you that you can’t just show up and expect to compete with a good team.

While we're going down the list of Bruce Pearl's Greatest Hits, let's not forget blowing a 20 point halftime lead to tOSU in the Sweet 16, or getting absolutely humiliated in his final game in the first round of the NCAAT by Michigan.
Scoring 44 points in a loss to Butler with Chris Lofton on the team.

Coaching should absolutely take blame for this one too. #13 gotta be more aggressive offensively, but that should be relayed to him daily. Especially if the teams outside game isn’t there like today. His confidence level drops like crazy when he goes against quality competition. Amd that’s not all on him

We’ll, you mentioned Tournament success and the Vols deepest run came in the same season they lost to an actual rutty poo. So your reply to my post read like an overreaction

Reading comprehension and understanding is tough these days. Never did i say this loss means this season will result in failure.

What I said was in response to your take that the bad call in some way altered this game. We were literally beaten in every single phase of the game. Offense, defense, coaching, everything. One call doesn't change that. We got beat by a better team today. Plain and simple. Even bringing up the refs today is ridiculous, which was my point to your post even insinuating that one call mattered in this beatdown today.

I'll follow it by saying if you are correct: that one call caused/altered this entire curb stomping and lack of effort and execution today, then we have a bunch of dudes that are softer than grandma's cookies and we won't win anything of merit until that changes.

Reading comprehension and understanding is tough these days. Never did i say this loss means this season will result in failure.

What I said was in response to your take that the bad call in some way altered this game. We were literally beaten in every single phase of the game. Offense, defense, coaching, everything. One call doesn't change that. We got beat by a better team today. Plain and simple. Even bringing up the refs today is ridiculous, which was my point to your post even insinuating that one call mattered in this beatdown today.

I'll follow it by saying if you are correct: that one call caused/altered this entire curb stomping and lack of effort and execution today, then we have a bunch of dudes that are softer than grandma's cookies and we won't win anything of merit until that changes.
Okay guy. Don’t think I disrespected you that would call for this amount of thought for a comeback. But you win… Im dumb

He wasn’t good today but I think he’ll get better over the course of the season. That’s why I’d rather BHH play over ON and Aidoo over Uros. The older players may be better rn by they are who they are, the younger two could improve. Also Mashack should be over Bailey, and I think Mashack is simply better than Bailey rn
Bad take on ON as he’s clearly improving

We started two 5 star players and scored 15 points in a half. I think it’s times to stop blaming players and start looking at coaching. We have talent but getting not results. Do we have a coach that can adapt to what his players strengths are or is he just too stubborn to change his philosophy?
Good thing you’re not a Kentucky fan as they lost to a nobody with 12 5*’s!

To be fair, one would usually want their 2nd leading scorer to have more than 7 points
The offense today was putrid. It could be easily dismissed as all part of early season / young team growing pains ... but it just looked too much like a typical loss from last season for that. Anyone else remember the Florida game? It was same song, next verse.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back