The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #5 Villanova Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN News

Typically when you have bad shooting days, at least one guy or two can hit a shot every now and then. None of our guys can hit a shot to save their lives today though.

The only good news is it is early season, and there are a ton of new faces trying to mesh. JJJ and Chandler have been very disappointing. Nkamhoua got screwed. They've taken away possibly 6 points on egregious missed block calls. We can't shoot the 3, bricking several wide open looks. Even if you just make a few of those wide open looks, this game doesn't feel too far away.

Reactions: JCP201
Going to be something if they come back and win this. They have the ability. It’s just not that first half play.

They will lose a lot of games playing this way. I thought this in the first 2 games. You live by the 3 you die by the 3
1-11 is not gonna cut it, especially when you can’t finish at the rim. Horrible shots, horrible turnovers not a fun game to watch

Reactions: tnvols72
Glad this game is only streaming. Hooboy that was bad. Worst half of basketball for the Vols in a looong time.

So it’s completely misleading to say he’s responsible for over 60% of scoring when we have 11 points, but not misleading to say he leads in TOs when he has 3 and four other players have 2, and Scovi has played the most minutes, many of which came at PG where I already said he was unsuited to be?

He's unsuited to be a starter at any position.

This game is too big for our player right now. If we shoot the ball well in it a close game. This game will be a great learning experience for our young players! We will get better and be ready for conference play

If Villanova is going to play small ball then punish them in the post. We still can't do it.

I’m afraid that era of basketball has passed all of us by. Throwing it in the post is statistically a worse shot. Small ball/more skilled bigs is where the game is now.

If Villanova is going to play small ball then punish them in the post. We still can't do it.
BHH has to be that guy. I know Fulk is a good dude, and he had a good game against UK so everyone fell in love with him, but hes not a star hes not a play through guy. Hes an excellent role player. When hes supposed to be the leader on offense youre gonna be in trouble

VN Store

Back