The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Colorado Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

Vescovi is one of the best set shooters we’ve ever had. Pretty clear with just about a half season of tape.

I’d like to see us run more offense to get him free. I’d also like to see him evolve into a catch and shoot or shoot off a screen type player. I think he is capable.
Kid is scary imo. Still needs some refinement, but he is clearly showing the potential to be a top SEC PG with the shooting skills of a top SEC 3-point shooter. If he continues to improve and get comfortable, oh my goodness.

Going to be a tough opener to win I think. They're pretty big, have experienced and are well coached. A big physical veteran team playing their 3rd game vs us in our 1st game all without any practice the last 2 weeks is probably not ideal if you're looking for wins but is exactly what we need. Potential to be a good game I think. They'll play us tough as it would be a tournament resume building win for them, Barnes will likely treat it more as a scrimmage game just to see what he's got, similar to what the kittens and their coaches do every year.
And our basketball vans are ignorant beyond intelligence! Our fans are imbeciles!

Maybe best looking smoothest shot technique since Alan Houston !

I can’t go there. Allan was smooth as silk and was maybe the best ever in orange to take a dribble or two and then launch 22-25 footers. He had a great release and elevation. Vescovi is closer to Michael Brooks with the catch and shoot, but MB was every bit as smooth as Allan. Vescovi has kind of a unique shot IMO.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I can’t go there. Allan was smooth as silk and was maybe the best ever in orange to take a dribble or two and then launch 22-25 footers. He had a great release and elevation. Vescovi is closer to Michael Brooks with the catch and shoot, but MB was every bit as smooth as Allan. Vescovi has kind of a unique shot IMO.
Tyrone Beamon/M Brooks combo reminds me of Vescovi.

Was a weird feeling even though Colorado got it close and never really went away just never felt like there was any danger of losing the game.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
My favorite non Vol of all time. And yeah. I felt a couple times there was nobody there. Two dribbles and wreck the rim. Not only 2 points but demoralizing for the opponent.
I got to meet him and hear him speak once. That was awesome! The Hawks were fun back when the Human Highlight Reel was part of the show.

Tyrone Beamon/M Brooks combo reminds me of Vescovi.

I can’t imagine how deadly Brooks would have been had he played with a 3-PL. he had Lofton-like range.

Fred Jenkins/Tony White was one of my favorite guard combos to ever play in Stokely. Jimmy England/Mike Edwards was another (or Bill Justus/Jimmy England a couple years earlier).

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I can’t imagine how deadly Brooks would have been had he played with a 3-PL. he had Lofton-like range.

Fred Jenkins/Tony White was one of my favorite guard combos to ever play in Stokely. Jimmy England/Mike Edwards was another (or Bill Justus/Jimmy England a couple years earlier).
Springer has a bunch of Fred Jenkins traits in his game, especially his strength. We played Fred back in high school, he was probably my 1st favorite player to watch in college.

Springer has a bunch of Fred Jenkins traits in his game, especially his strength. We played Fred back in high school, he was probably my 1st favorite player to watch in college.

Fred wasn’t the greatest outside shooter but one of our best perimeter defenders ever. Pretty solid ball handler as well... he kind of had a Magic Johnson-like style to his point play,

Fred wasn’t the greatest outside shooter but one of our best perimeter defenders ever. Pretty solid ball handler as well... he kind of had a Magic Johnson-like style to his point play,
He was big, strong and confident back in HS, one of the best to ever come out of the midstate.

I think we will be fine against zone with Rick Barnes. Just rusty with limited practices. We beat Washington last year who ran zone all game.
We didn't crash the boards from the wings on the offensive end much tonight. Barnes will add that to the plan. Barnes is probably glad we struggled a bit vs it tonight, I don't think we will struggle much going forward but it'll still be one of our weaknesses all season.

Chris Lofton had the sweetest shot with Houston a close second.

We really took Wright out of his game. Hope we can count on neutralizing opponents too guards consistently like we did tonight

Chris Lofton had the sweetest shot with Houston a close second.

I thought that Lofton leaned back and faded away a little to compensate for his height. Allan Houston’s stroke was textbook flawless IMO.

BTW, I thought that Tony White leaned forward just a tad. Allan, straight up with a release at the apex of his jump. Allan could also square up perfectly even after making a lateral move. It’s criminal that Allan never played in the NCAAT.

I thought that Lofton leaned back and faded away a little to compensate for his height. Allan Houston’s stroke was textbook flawless IMO.

BTW, I thought that Tony White leaned forward just a tad. Allan, straight up with a release at the apex of his jump. Allan could also square up perfectly even after making a lateral move. It’s criminal that Allan never played in the NCAAT.
White definitely leaned forward with his shot, but he was never a great shooter, he would just will 'em in, more of a slasher, scorer, imo. But, a balla and probably my favorite all-time Vol, I remember Johnson and Ellis, but not Ernie and Bernie

Reactions: Volfan1000
White definitely leaned forward with his shot, but he was never a great shooter, he would just will 'em in, more of a slasher, scorer, imo. But, a balla and probably my favorite all-time Vol, I remember Johnson and Ellis, but not Ernie and Bernie

White utilized that three point line. But his strength was driving and pulling up with the off balance 12-15 footers. Not a guy that could be given space anywhere on the court. Lots of movement in his offensive game. Odd form, but effective.

VN Store

Back