The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Think we have to attack the rim and go inside early, see if Arkansas stops fouling, refs stop calling or we’re gonna see less calls.

For the love of basketball, hit your darn free throws. These kids today suck at it. We have left 6 total points off the scoreboard in the 1st half because of it. Terrible, I would have a kid on my team that couldn't shot at least 70%. If I was Arkansas I would just put scrubs in and foul soon as they cross the line.

Reactions: chuckb1448
For the love of basketball, hit your darn free throws. These kids today suck at it. We have left 6 total points off the scoreboard in the 1st half because of it. Terrible, I would have a kid on my team that couldn't shot at least 70%. If I was Arkansas I would just put scrubs in and foul soon as they cross the line.
(Wouldn't)

Bad news with Ziegler’s injury but you have to like the response thus far. We are playing big boy ball and are intent on getting into the paint. May be our identity out of necessity going forward. Mashack has been a menace defensively and with his effort, but every one of his FT shots looks different once it leaves his hand. Appears he is going to draw a lot of PG responsibilities when Vescovi needs a break. Awaka is my favorite player. Phillips is rusty and looks like he hasn’t played in awhile. Need James to give us some offense in the 2nd half.

Julian’s an 80% shooter. He’s just a bit rusty from being out.

Awaka and Uros are going to be an adventure and we just have to live with it.
Awaka has a decent stroke. Could def see him becoming a serviceable foul shooter in his time here. He went on a few week streak where he was around 80% I believe.

Think we have to attack the rim and go inside early, see if Arkansas stops fouling, refs stop calling or we’re gonna see less calls.
Hope the refs don’t look at the foul count and think it’s time to “equalize” things. We attacked the rim and Arky mostly settled for jumpers. The foul count accurately represents how the game has been played to this point.

Reactions: JCP201
I just thought about the NCAAT seeding. I wonder if the committee will lower our seed if ZZ is out?
They do take it into consideration. Might drop us to 5 seed unless we manage to overcome the injuries and continue to win. Never know how a team will respond to an injury to crucial player. Teams leadership and character will be tested. Interested to see how they respond.

They do take it into consideration. Might drop us to 5 seed unless we manage to overcome the injuries and continue to win. Never know how a team will respond to an injury to crucial player. Teams leadership and character will be tested. Interested to see how they respond.
But 2 weeks ago, some people on here wanted ZZ benched. He was “terrible”. I would ask them, “why is the season over now?”

Reactions: DuckInAPen
The crowd needs to get out of their funk and get crazy. The team will need some help. So tough to see a leader go down like that. And I’m sure he’s crushed. What a shame.

Reactions: patrick
Need to hold them to 25 again and I like our chances to close it out.

ON, Awaka, & Aidoo scored 20 and grabbed 13 rebounds. Good first half from the bigs.

Bad news with Ziegler’s injury but you have to like the response thus far. We are playing big boy ball and are intent on getting into the paint. May be our identity out of necessity going forward. Mashack has been a menace defensively and with his effort, but every one of his FT shots looks different once it leaves his hand. Appears he is going to draw a lot of PG responsibilities when Vescovi needs a break. Awaka is my favorite player. Phillips is rusty and looks like he hasn’t played in awhile. Need James to give us some offense in the 2nd half.
Yes need James scoring. Be interesting if AK still plays so aggressive on D. They just played grab hold reach 1st half. In CHRIST Alone

We can still make a run in the tourney if ZZ is out. And yes I’m being positive, but maybe it’s and MCL sprain that will sideline him for a week or little longer.

My main concern is making foul shots. Arkansas will continue to foul if we can’t make free throws.

This is the baptism by fire Santi is going to get.... He is killing it driving the ball... I would love to see him throw up some floaters instead of trying to pass first....

I think Santi should be able to manage running point. He just needs to be patient and not try to do too much.

Santi has these skills, but it takes away his value as an off-ball shooter, we don't have anyone that does the things he does & poses the threat he is without the ball in his hands. He's a better playmaker off the ball.

I loook for a lot of Mashack as the primary ball handler and I think thats the way to go.

VN Store

Back