The Official #12 Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

Honestly I want them to lose in the SEC T. It means nothing and guys need to get healthy.

Healthy for what? NCAAT? Lol. Think it’s just time we all swallow the orange pride and admit that this team just isn’t very good. We could all go list the reasons why, but this team is just extremely challenged offensively. We have no consistent offensive post threat, and we aren’t a good 3 shooting team. We also aren’t a great road team, and there is a real possibility without Z we don’t win another game. Gotta just shake it off, hit the portal hard, and hope we can find 1-2 big time scorers in the portal, or which, one needs to be a PG. We need to cut ties with players, if needed, and really try to build a team around ZZ, Phillips, and Awaka.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Decent teams don't beat Kansas, Texas, Alabama... We are good
The question is are we good now? We were good earlier in the season but without ZZ and a couple of others battling nagging injuries can we play at that level again this season. Odds are against it in my opinion.

Show me where your confidence lies in this team, they lost 6 out of last 10 and just lost double bye in SEC tourney[/QUOTE

Yeah it’s been frustrating but if you haven’t notice this team hasn’t been healthy during that stretch. Get hot in the NCAA tournament. Not having a double bye actually might benefit this team.

That feels like a lifetime ago. Fatigue and injuries have definitely changed the look of this team. I'd even go so far as to say we're just not the same team anymore.
We played a wounded animal team, a Bruce team with their backs against the wall in their wild arena today.. we played okay. We need rest and we'll get it the next 3-4 days.

Our fan base is becoming more like Kentucky. We blame the officials for every single loss. And never mention them in our wins

I will mention it every game. Our Vandy home game win was atrocious. I’m not backing down from it because I’ve said it for years. It’s awful, awful. I quit watching some games throughout the year because the product stinks.

This team really misses Kennedy Chandler who is wasting away on the Grizzlies bench, albeit making $4million+.
Hard to say he's wasting away while making $4M. Just seems....well....words fail me.

Both sides today:

e62.gif

That is my point. It's probably one of their few wins.

Their only two losses at home were to A&M and Bama, both very close games. Winning on the road is hard to do. We definitely could have won this game, but Auburn is a tournament caliber team (good enough to go toe to toe at Alabama) and they were playing with their backs against the wall. A desperate team playing on its home floor is hard to beat.

We’ve found ways to lose road games this season, but a lot of teams have. The road is unkind in college basketball.

Oh well Au played great losing Machak to foul trouble hurt D end. But there were things playing in tough environment I liked. On to Tournament Play. Go Big Orange. In CHRIST Alone

We played a wounded animal team, a Bruce team with their backs against the wall in their wild arena today.. we played okay. We need rest and we'll get it the next 3-4 days.
Yeah, I kinda had a feeling the hangover from ZZ's injury would have an impact. We don't have a guy on the floor who had ZZ's handle. I hoped for a clean game, but really it was bound to be like today. Question is can we get enough from JJJ and our front court to have some success in the NCAAT? Never say never, but it's hard to picture much from this team the rest of the way.

VN Store

Back