The Official #12 Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

So what is your criteria for a stud player?
I wouldn’t call Green a stud player. He’s streaky and can take over a game, but I feel like he frustrates Auburn’s fanbase more often than not. He’s definitely not in the same caliber as the guards Pearl has had previously.

Reactions: vavolfan6
I guess ol’ Bruce won’t need to toss any headsets and stomp off after this one.

Also, don't blame the offense for this one. We're shooting 49% from the field and 50% from 3. Turnovers (which at least several have come from flat out missed calls) are the biggest reason, sent the defense has not been good today at all.

Yeah, the game has been called completely differently in the 2nd half. It's like the officials got a phone call in the locker room at the half. We had four team fouls with 7 seconds to play in the first half. They have called 13 in the time since.
I usually don't complain about the refs, but that was absolutely a huge difference the second half.

Reactions: cncchris33
The Nega Vols will come out of the woodwork with a loss today. If you're sane-minded, remember it's been nearly impossible for top 15 teams to win on the road this year - only 40% have won (that's the lowest % in the history of the AP poll era). This season was always going to be decided on a neutral floor in March.
This is not an excuse for the final 3 minutes of this game. No timeouts? Is Barnes even watching this game? If anything its worth it to get an inbound pass to SV. Even the announcers seem dumbfounded.

Reactions: volfan__18
Mashack & JJJ both being in foul trouble kind of hurt the defense 2nd half. Key couldn’t keep Green in check & Phillips is obviously still working back into game shape.

Reactions: berryvol
It doesn't matter if the calls favored Auburn. They are not that good. Stop blaming the refs. Our players aren't that good. Our bigs can't jump. They get almost no rebounds. Awaka is our best rebounding big. ON offense is hit or miss. I actually started the year confident in his ability. I was wrong. Our guards know who they are but they get no help. JJJ.....what can I say.

Reactions: UTFanHades
The same problems that have hurt us on most our losses.

Long scoring droughts
Letting teams hit 3s
Sucking ass on free throws

This is a disappointing loss this Auburn team isn’t that good and this game was for the taking.

Well you knew after Bama game and them needing a W it was not going to be even. Give them credit as well shot the ball from perimeter better than usual. In CHRIST Alone

Yeah, I'd be fine losing to them on an even playing field, but this is ridiculous. Just two different halves from these officials.

Reactions: berryvol and I4Vols

VN Store

Back