The Official #11 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network+

See if it makes any difference if you try to directly open the stream. Maybe it will force you to log in and then automatically start the stream. I noticed that you have to search for TDS, it's not one of the main icons. I use YouTubeTV, and I have to search for it too.

Tennessee Tech vs. #11 Tennessee | Watch ESPN
Thanks. I have tried that and everything everyone has suggested. Am just frustrated that I miss all the “less important” games and even my friend who worked at Apple in Knoxville can not get it to work. It may be TDS, but that is the only high speed internet we can get out in the boonies. My downloads are in the 290 range @nd I no problems getting Netflix and other apps. I could get all the games before ESPN+ came on the market. When op3n the ESPN APP, it shows the picture and requires a fee to get ESPN+. SEC+ Is similar. Again, thanks for the suggestions

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Watched game and it was fine for first game. Coach Barnes walked around nearly whole game with his hands in his pocket!! Must have been cold in the arena or having a hell of a game of pocket pool!

I liked Phillips getting the start over James.

James can bring a lot of energy and experience off the bench in the sixth man role this season.

Tennessee shot too many threes in the first half and looked crisper after halftime.
JJJ is likely back in the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

They took more 3’s the 2nd half than the first, the difference was they went in.

My only real concern from this game is the interior was objectively terrible. I get we are a team who will shoot a lot of threes, but there should be some semblance of an interior presence, especially against an inferior team like TN Tech. If we are do ride or die solely on hitting threes, then March basketball could get a bit dicey.

Plavsic is just not very good, but I thought he could be serviceable. He has to do much, much, much better than tonight. Nkamhoua? Sigh. The day he stops becoming reactionary and skittish will be his first.

Anyone got some highlights? I watched the 1st half but didn't see the 2nd. Looks like we cleaned up some things in the 2nd. Shot good in the 2nd half.

My only real concern from this game is the interior was objectively terrible. I get we are a team who will shoot a lot of threes, but there should be some semblance of an interior presence, especially against an inferior team like TN Tech. If we are do ride or die solely on hitting threes, then March basketball could get a bit dicey.

Plavsic is just not very good, but I thought he could be serviceable. He has to do much, much, much better than tonight. Nkamhoua? Sigh. The day he stops becoming reactionary and skittish will be his first.

Yep--not much inside game tonight. You're not going to win the national title without an inside game that can balance your 3-point shooting.

Thanks. I have tried that and everything everyone has suggested. Am just frustrated that I miss all the “less important” games and even my friend who worked at Apple in Knoxville can not get it to work. It may be TDS, but that is the only high speed internet we can get out in the boonies. My downloads are in the 290 range @nd I no problems getting Netflix and other apps. I could get all the games before ESPN+ came on the market. When op3n the ESPN APP, it shows the picture and requires a fee to get ESPN+. SEC+ Is similar. Again, thanks for the suggestions

Ok…someone has to help you figure this out. I am not that tech savvy, but I just know a checklist. Have you first found TDS as your subscriber within the app? Then it usually asks you to use your mobile device to activate a code. Then you go to the game and make sure you choose SECN+. Sometimes with YouTube, we have to log out and then back in to reset it.

I was hoping to see more inside first, then outside, tonight against Tech. Two power type forwards and 2 centers running around like guards. They were just jacking up 3's most of the night. Defense looked good.

My criticism with this team is similar to the one from last year: we have to have someone that can create a shot off the dribble/ some amount of post play. Last year we at least had Chandler. That's not going to be Santi or Key's game. Zakai is like 5'8" so finishing inside is not exactly a sure thing. Jonas doesn't have a post game. I want to see Nkamhoua actually attempt a jump hook instead of a fade away jumper every single time. I would also like to see Jo drive the ball more often as I think that is something he can be effective at. Living and dying by the 3 is just an awful way to play. Jump shooting teams just don't win championships.

Glad with the blowout win, but was very disappointed in interior presence. Uros needs to be serviceable and thought he had turned the corner from exhibition and scrimmage that I saw but he was just plain bad tonight. Nkamhoua wasn’t much better. Awake had more rebounds than Uros and Nkamhoua and he only played 6 minutes. Offensively Aidoo is more of a jump shooter. We probably need to develop a post game in the half court with Key or James (much like we did with Springer a few years ago) and get more touches for Phillips as he crosses the paint and let him elevate. We can’t be a jump shooting team only when the defense is set or we will be too easy to guard.

Was pleased with Phillips although his shot was off tonight. He contributed in a lot of areas and had zero turnovers (unlike some of our experienced players who were very careless with the ball). Mashack looked like he has developed. Key may be our leading scorer this year coming off the bench.

I sure hope Aidoo progresses tremendously.

We have no designed inside plays it appears. Plav really struggles with his game but he is such a good teammate.

I had hoped Plav had improved, but it didn't show at all last night. That baby hook oughtta be a gimme for him, but again he even has trouble dunking.

Agree. If we can't count on Plavi and ON, we'll have to hope for something from Aidoo other than his 3 ball. We'll have to offset the inside deficiencies by maybe having Key and Phillips driving and trying to generate production in the paint that way? Dunno but we've seen it over and over....live by the 3, die by the 3 and it always seems to come in the biggest games. One would think that with all the shooters we have, they wouldn't all go cold at the same time, but damned if it didn't happen in the first half last night. Seems like when one or two go cold and press, it spreads through the team. Crazy how that seems to work sometimes.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
A lot of these responses are predictable, especially after one game. One game. For anyone chiding Plavsic concerning this specific game, I just can’t imagine they watched the Gonzaga game. We’re going to do tons of mixing and matching this year. This offense is different under Barnes than what we saw 3 years ago, or 2 years ago. The goal is to shoot open shots, especially open 3’s. The next priority is to rebound hard, knowing shots won’t fall for everyone every game. This is not the Grant Williams offense. This is an offense built around the strengths of this team.

We have the pieces.
-ZZ will be great all year. Spark plug as always
-Santi can shoot better than he did tonight,
-Phillips is everywhere and more physical and athletic than I thought. Reminds me a lot of JJJ
-Key is going to have a game where he scores 30+
-Defense was great but had some breakdowns where we can learn.
-Have to take better care of the ball but we will do better as we get more reps.
-Shot 14-44 from 3. 32% but if we can get that to 17-44 that would be 39% where we want to be. That gives us a chance in every game. We will be tough to beat when we are shooting lights out.

Here’s to another great year. Go Vols
I still see teams being able to take ZZ out of a game. What I also see is that Phillips and Key will be a huge, huge part in the success of this team. Key has the sneak in him to penetrate and at least draw fouls. Phillips is gonna be hell to deal with. He's long and athletic in the vein of those super Louisville teams. Can shoot it, can drive, can defend....can really do what he wants. If Edwards can progress and be that PG to spell ZZ and if Aidoo can be that post presence we simply haven't been able to recruit for so long, I think we can surprise some folks. No doubt we're going to struggle early at times, but by the second half of the league games, I think we'll hopefully have some answers.

I used ESPN+ tonight. Apple TV app or desktop from the website. I hate to support Disney in any way but most of the baseball games are on this platform.

I don’t think too much should be drawn from this game. We definitely didn’t shoot the ball well, but I’m not concerned that we’re one dimensional. In the Gonzaga game we played much faster paced and had far more efficiency from 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if we were working on some things tonight since this was basically a glorified scrimmage. We’ll see how we play on Sunday.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I don’t think too much should be drawn from this game. We definitely didn’t shoot the ball well, but I’m not concerned that we’re one dimensional. In the Gonzaga game we played much faster paced and had far more efficiency from 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if we were working on some things tonight since this was basically a glorified scrimmage. We’ll see how we play on Sunday.

Tend to agree. Caught the Buffs game on the ESPN app, and although it was UC Riverside, they look like a pretty decent bunch. Hadley and Simpson had good games, both created space and were quick to execute plays. Should definitely give us a better sense of where we are at in the early going.

ESPN and ESPN+ are not the same. To the best of my knowledge, last night's game was ESPN+ only. If you have a subscription that includes ESPN (like cable or YoutubeTV), you have access to anything on ESPN, but not ESPN+. You need a completely separate ESPN+ subscription to see any content that is shown on ESPN+.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
ESPN and ESPN+ are not the same. To the best of my knowledge, last night's game was ESPN+ only. If you have a subscription that includes ESPN (like cable or YoutubeTV), you have access to anything on ESPN, but not ESPN+. You need a completely separate ESPN+ subscription to see any content that is shown on ESPN+.
It wasn't ESPN+ only...... if you have the SEC network, then you have SECN+ and could watch online.

Reactions: VolGee4

VN Store

Back