The Official #11 Tennessee vs. #20 Florida Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

I watched the Volunteers defeat the Gators with a unforgettable valiant comeback in the 2nd at Buffalo Wild Wings in 2016.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I saw the Volunteers defeat the Gators in 2022 at the terrific restaurant-bar Rippy’s Honky Tonk.

Reactions: UTFanHades
GAWD that was ugly. I have to say if Florida had made that last pass and won.. they woulda deserved the W.
BUT THEY DIDN’ T..!!!

With all the soul crushing ways Florida has defeated Tennessee in close games I’m very happy that a rebuilding Florida team saw that karma is mentally harrowing.

Just go to bed. Florida isn't terrible.

A lot of people were chalking up the Florida game as a probable loss after watching them play Utah. They crap the bed vs UK and don't show vs USF and suddenly they're terrible. I think the truth is they just haven't clicked as a team yet. That version we played today will beat a lot of people if they can get their defense tightened up. Now I have to deal with this fantasy of our offense and defense clicking at the same time when we play LSU, Bama, and UGA. damnit. Xanax is probably in my future.

A lot of people were chalking up the Florida game as a probable loss after watching them play Utah. They crap the bed vs UK and don't show vs USF and suddenly they're terrible. I think the truth is they just haven't clicked as a team yet. That version we played today will beat a lot of people if they can get their defense tightened up. Now I have to deal with this fantasy of our offense and defense clicking at the same time when we play LSU, Bama, and UGA. damnit. Xanax is probably in my future.
You speak for us all. Take a breather for 2 weeks. You derserve it

Reactions: FlVols
Heupel channeled Fulmer there for a bit. Heupel never should do that.
Nothing wrong with slowing it down, but you still got to try to move the football. And waiting till 1 second everytime tips everything off. You can still play to move the ball. The offense acted like a total stall and wasn’t even trying for a first down. Our offense looked confused Heupel had to use 2 timeouts because we were about to get delay of game. Get tough and get the first down, heck even sell the run and throw a short high percentage pass. We got to function better than that at a slower pace, it should be easier. Having said all that we are 4-0. Just have to realize and shore up weaknesses. And what in Haiti is wrong with getting behind center when we are inside the 1. Let’s fix our problems and keep getting better everywhere. GBO!!!!!

Nor should you. Unlike you I can Be happy and acknowledge our massive deficiencies.
You obsess on the problems without giving much credit to the positives. All teams have problems, even Georgia who slept walked today. But we are 4-0 so something is also going right as well. Teams evolve as the season goes they rarely stay the same, comparing games and early season games by any teams is not a wise decision. I see many ranked teams that are far from perfect. Teams look great one week and the media and hype go wild, just like Florida after Utah. When in reality they weren’t nearly as good as everyone said after that game but not as bad and void of talent that folks said after Kentucky either. The main thing is we are 4-0 and we are capable of playing much better still. Things too work on sure, but most everyone does at this point. GBO!!!!

I greatly regret not telling @YankeeVol on Friday or Early Saturday morning that I was going to be in Nashville starting Saturday because the Volunteers Gators game was an unforgettable thriller that the Volunteers won because the Volunteers defense defended when needed most.
Area for standing at the bar was available at Rippy’s Honky Tonk if a person wanted to watch the Gators Volunteers game.

VN Store

Back