The Official #11 Tennessee vs. #20 Florida Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

I am going to have to go back and watch the game again to get a better understanding of what happened today.

I am very conflicted. Part of me is disappointed in how our defense played, but I am happy we won the game and beat Florida. I will still go to bed soundly tonight after rewatching the game.

Going to finish watching the Arkansas and A&M game first. It’s going to be a late night tonight 🤗

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
Don’t get me wrong. Heupel is a guru, but as much he is a guru, Tim Banks is that friggin clueless. Heupel has a history of not knowing WTH is going on with his defense.
I will make this statement again. Look at how many high level players left this program after the Beldar mess on the defensive side of the field. We lost pretty much ALL of our best defenders. This is game 17, 4th game of year two. Let's see what happens once a few more players that our coaches recruit get into the mix. Don't forget, the kinds of player Tim Banks needs to turn this team around were in the stadium today. 56 high level recruits, committed or otherwise, saw this insane experience first hand.

I am all for taking the time, we just got to execute better at crunch time. Deliver the knock out blow, we didn’t have to wait till 1 second every time. Do it with 4-5 left and catch them off guard. But hey we won, and at the end of the day that is all that matters. We responded every time they took the lead. We can learn from this one too. Just keep getting better Big Orange. Great win!!!! GBO!!!!

Reactions: Samthebam
CJH is still learning how to not go 900 miles an hour. I at least am willing to let him figure it out. You were probably one of the people blasting him last year for not trying to run the clock out.
The only game I took issue with was Purdue. Period.
i LOVE Heupel’s offense. It’s for real. Why he went in a shell at the end, I don’t know. I’m just being honest. Banks sux, sux, sux. Doesn’t know how to disguise coverage and has the talent to run man and reduses To do it. That’s why Richardson had 400+ yards passing and his best game ever after lokkkf like horse crap last week. UF had guys running wide open all night. Florida is depleted. This win is good, but it’s NOT your fathers Gators. Period, end of story.

I hope we adjust and study defense a lot during the break. Our secondary was weak, inept, and out of its' depth in a game where we made Richardson look like Cam Newton.

I will make this statement again. Look at how many high level players left this program after the Beldar mess on the defensive side of the field. We lost pretty much ALL of our best defenders. This is game 17, 4th game of year two. Let's see what happens once a few more players that our coaches recruit get into the mix. Don't forget, the kinds of player Tim Banks needs to turn this team around were in the stadium today. 56 high level recruits, committed or otherwise, saw this insane experience first hand.
Yes. BUT, the transfer portal. For gods sake he fell into Hooker and has a 5-star back up in Milton. 5 star wide receiver. FELL INTO A PHENOM!! Yes, we lost some players, but other than Toto, what have any of them done elsewhere? Jack squat. In turn we’ve gained a TON in productive transfers on both sides.

We lost a bunch of pay for play screw ups. Heupel has done a great job, but his DC is hot garbage.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
What’s Sun Belt Billy’s record??
its 42-14 BTW. Heupel sat on a lead and went into Fulmer, coward mode and nearly cost a embarrassing defeat to a first year coach with a depleated roster. Keep telling yourself you beat a Spurrier or Meyer Florida. We didn’t.
Who said we did. We are a top ten undefeated team who has beaten two ranked teams. And our coach is winning at a 75% clip.

The only game I took issue with was Purdue. Period.
i LOVE Heupel’s offense. It’s for real. Why he went in a shell at the end, I don’t know. I’m just being honest. Banks sux, sux, sux. Doesn’t know how to disguise coverage and has the talent to run man and reduses To do it. That’s why Richardson had 400+ yards passing and his best game ever after lokkkf like horse crap last week. UF had guys running wide open all night. Florida is depleted. This win is good, but it’s NOT your fathers Gators. Period, end of story.
We won, real end of the story.

I am going to have to go back and watch the game again to get a better understanding of what happened today.

I am very conflicted. Part of me is disappointed in how our defense played, but I am happy we won the game and beat Florida. I will still go to bed soundly tonight after rewatching the game.

Going to finish watching the Arkansas and A&M game first. It’s going to be a late night tonight 🤗

The curse of Chavis 3rd/4th down mustang package happened. We gotta exorcise that demon quick fast and in a hurry

Yes. BUT, the transfer portal. For gods sake he fell into Hooker and has a 5-star back up in Milton. 5 star wide receiver. FELL INTO A PHENOM!! Yes, we lost some players, but other than Toto, what have any of them done elsewhere? Jack squat. In turn we’ve gained a TON in productive transfers on both sides.

We lost a bunch of pay for play screw ups. Heupel has done a great job, but his DC is hot garbage.
I am done responding with someone who refuses to be happy over a win. Please feel free to find reasons to be unhappy about being a soon to be top 10 ranked team at 4 and 0. My happiness won't be quenched and you are too interested in finding fault. No need to respond, unless you just have to have the last word. I am out.

I am done responding with someone who refuses to be happy over a win. Please feel free to find reasons to be unhappy about being a soon to be top 10 ranked team at 4 and 0. My happiness won't be quenched and you are too interested in finding fault. No need to respond, unless you just have to have the last word. I am out.
Nor should you. Unlike you I can Be happy and acknowledge our massive deficiencies.

I watched the Volunteers defeat the Gators with a unforgettable valiant comeback in the 2nd at Buffalo Wild Wings in 2016.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I saw the Volunteers defeat the Gators in 2022 at the terrific restaurant-bar Rippy’s Honky Tonk.

If we had scored the TD and FG early (like we should have) maybe it would have been a different story. We gave them big momentum. We won anyway.

VN Store

Back