The Official #10 Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

In any given game, yes I'd absolutely bet on us having success on a neutral floor, but winning 4 in a row is where I lose hope in this team. The inconsistency will be deadly in March.
Yep. This team will have one of these days in March, its just when is it. Its just who they are.

They are missing 2 players too, and we already lost to them this year with both our players at home.

So no excuse to be playing THIS badly. None.

Yes we lost to them last time. We were healthy. But the disparity in fouls and free throws was ridiculous. UK had 25 free throws. We had 10. Then we lost by 7. Losing like that doesn't concern me when evaluating the team. Hard to win with such a disadvantage.

We looked good……..until the game started.
Not sure we match up very well with their length
ORN hit his first shot & I thought great he’ll have a good game. he’s bricked everything since. Pretty much everybody is
if we see them early inSECT will be early exit, they just have our number. I’m sure there’s teams in other conferences we don’t match up with just hope we can miss those brackets.
😂

No we don’t. Shooters don’t have to rely on someone else create their shot for them. We have spot up shooters that sometimes hit them and sometimes don’t. That’s when they’re wide open. We don’t hit shots on the perimeter when we have to shoot over someone because we don’t have any pure shooters.
We at times don’t shoot well when we are wide open too

Reactions: JCP201
I’ve got 3.5 and 1.5 year old boys that I somehow got to take a nap at the exact same time so I think I’m going to use this time for a nap, too. Maybe I’ll wake up and this abortion of an offense will all have just been a bad dream.

I just think it’s unfair to try and say fans should be okay with losing by 20 at half to a bad Kentucky team, which feels like what half this board is doing. That’s a loser mentality. Anyone that is upset with this pretty putrid performance is immediately labeled a nega-Vol or told their expectations are unreasonable.

I’m under no illusion that today was going to be easy. The line was -2 for a reason. This was going to be a dogfight. I even thought we might lose! It should be an evenly matched fight. But, this team has completely no-shown on both offense and defense.

We need to get healthy obviously, but it’s just not acceptable to be getting clobbered like this and anyone trying to explain it away as not a big deal is just gaslighting people.
I don't think this is okay--I am sick about it, but don't be hating on the coach whose team has beat a bunch of top 10 teams this year.

Well documented that Barnes and Calipari are friends. Perhaps these 2 games are Barnes way of making sure Calipari doesn't get fired.😒

Currently this is a huge letdown on the road after the excellent signature win.

I’m hoping the Volunteers play better in the 2nd half, because it’s not the 2012 elite Wildcats they’re playing so them getting bulldozed is embarrassing.

We are missing 2 of our starting guards...playing in Rupp. Not surprised we don't have any offense. We just need to get healthy and ready for the postseason. At full strength we are a good team. Losing to mediocre Kentucky team doesn't matter in the grande scheme of things..
Doesn't help when Vescovi has 0 pts, Key has 1 pt, and Zeigler has 5.

They are similar to Virginia defensively. Just not on the offensive end. This is one of Virginias better offenses. They've adapted well to the shot clock changes. Speaking of Virginia,they barely beat a bad Notre Dame team today.

Yeah, I saw that. I’m from Roanoke, VA but despise both UVA and VA Tech. I was a Tarheel growing up in 70’s and 80’s and then bled Orange upon transferring to TN in 1992.

UVA has a good coach. I don’t follow recruiting but don’t think they have elite talent. I may be incorrect though and too lazy to google.

We looked good……..until the game started.
Not sure we match up very well with their length
ORN hit his first shot & I thought great he’ll have a good game. he’s bricked everything since. Pretty much everybody is
if we see them early inSECT will be early exit, they just have our number. I’m sure there’s teams in other conferences we don’t match up with just hope we can miss those brackets.

We don’t. I’ve said it all year long: length and athleticism on the perimeter is our kryptonite. We have zero answer for it and won’t have an answer for it this year.

"This team shouldn't be ranked." Yes, if that's your version of the "truth" then yes, skip the 2nd half and go check in now.

We're getting blown out by an unranked team my guy and they've already beat us once. We shouldn't be near top 10, maybe 20-25. We have beat Kansas early, Texas and Bama(overrated imo). We have all the talent and when JJJ and Phillips are back, things are different. I'll be watching every minute by the way.

VN Store

Back