The Official #1 Tennessee vs Vandy SEC Tourney Game Thread (Thursday 7PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Last night's game was a Volunteer tour de force. Blade is rounding into form,not tiring until 75 pitches. If he keeps giving us that, we will win games with it. The bullpen was terrific as usual. The offense was clicking big time, even with Beck in a slump. Hopefully, the massive homer that Cortland hit will end his slump. The 13 pitch Ortega AB in the first inning and Luc's aggressive base running - even though he was out at home - set the tone of aggressiveness and attack mode. The defense was out of sight, Man! Trey's barehand pickup and throw was huge. Blade's backhand play was a beauty, as was Luc's work at first base all night, and, of course, Russell throwing a guy out trying to steal was gorgeous. I can't remember this team playing as complete a game as this one. Peaked too early? I don't think so.

Last night's game was a Volunteer tour de force. Blade is rounding into form,not tiring until 75 pitches. If he keeps giving us that, we will win games with it. The bullpen was terrific as usual. The offense was clicking big time, even with Beck in a slump. Hopefully, the massive homer that Cortland hit will end his slump. The 13 pitch Ortega AB in the first inning and Luc's aggressive base running - even though he was out at home - set the tone of aggressiveness and attack mode. The defense was out of sight, Man! Trey's barehand pickup and throw was huge. Blade's backhand play was a beauty, as was Luc's work at first base all night, and, of course, Russell throwing a guy out trying to steal was gorgeous. I can't remember this team playing as complete a game as this one. Peaked too early? I don't think so.

:) You can say that again. GBO !!

I think you could argue that Vols and Aggies are causing a good bit of the chaos

How often do teams like Vandy, SC, Ol Miss and MS get swept.... and 3 of them at home.
That’s why I ask. We have been dominant all season in this league and the battered Vol fan in me is hoping it’s not smoke and mirrors.
But honestly, we have been just as dominant or more so, than any other program from other conferences. We certainly pass the eye test and I have to put stock into a guy like Corbin, saying we’re one of the best teams he’s seen in his 20 years.
I’m just thinking about the game and you know I get nervous.😎
The Hogs appear to be on their way back to Fayetteville.
GBO!!

Is it good that a lower ranked East team beats a higher ranked west team? Does any care who wins this Florida-Arky game?

Personally its hard for me not to be more interested in who gets the foul ball than the game.

Reactions: VolPack22
Is it good that a lower ranked East team beats a higher ranked west team? Does any care who wins this Florida-Arky game?

Personally its hard for me not to be more interested in who gets the foul ball than the game.
I'm just pulling for 3 u and 3 down with quick outs for both.

That’s why I ask. We have been dominant all season in this league and the battered Vol fan in me is hoping it’s not smoke and mirrors.
But honestly, we have been just as dominant or more so, than any other program from other conferences. We certainly pass the eye test and I have to put stock into a guy like Corbin, saying we’re one of the best teams he’s seen in his 20 years.
I’m just thinking about the game and you know I get nervous.😎
The Hogs appear to be on their way back to Fayetteville.
GBO!!
How you feeling buddy?
No need to be nervous. The team is loose. Now is the time to have adversity when it doesn’t matter. I think we will win but if we don’t we get a chance for revenge against Kentucky. This team isn’t just good, they are incredible, enjoy the ride.

How you feeling buddy?
No need to be nervous. The team is loose. Now is the time to have adversity when it doesn’t matter. I think we will win but if we don’t we get a chance for revenge against Kentucky. This team isn’t just good, they are incredible, enjoy the ride.
I’m feeling like we’re about to skin some big cats in a few hours!!!
😎
GBO!!

VN Store

Back