The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

A lot of posters I didn’t see when the season was rocking and rolling…I’ll leave at that
I spend a lot of time in the recruiting forum and almost no time in any of the others. But I watch all the games in the 3 major sports and know all the players names and about come to tears when their dreams fall short along with the hopes and expectations of every fan that supports them, just hoping for one more game to cheer them on for.

We don’t need to be calling out fans on account of whose a “real” fan or “as big a fan as the next” based on whether or when they show up on the internet or not. This happens to be an open forum for Vol fans and everyone gonna come here and say what they want, whatever they need to say, whenever they need to say it, right or wrong, positive or negative. So long as they come back tmrw with the same support. It’s a sad as hell day for it, but it’s still great to be a Tennessee Vol, every one of you.

I spend a lot of time in the recruiting forum and almost no time in any of the others. But I watch all the games in the 3 major sports and know all the players names and about come to tears when their dreams fall short along with the hopes and expectations of every fan that supports them, just hoping for one more game to cheer them on for.

We don’t need to be calling out fans on account of whose a “real” fan or “as big a fan as the next” based on whether or when they show up on the internet or not. This happens to be an open forum for Vol fans and everyone gonna come here and say what they want, whatever they need to say, whenever they need to say it, right or wrong, positive or negative. So long as they come back tmrw with the same support. It’s a sad as hell day for it, but it’s still great to be a Tennessee Vol, every one of you.

Welcome aboard, if yer a regular in the recruiting forum, you have thick skin and have had more than your share of disappointment. We’ll survive, we always do.

Some people try to metabolize their pain by inflicting pain on others. They're like the wretched human being who has a bad day and goes home and kicks the dog or beats the family. They do not go after someone who is not in some way captive or helpless lest they have their ---es beaten. We qualify since we are loyal to the Vols and all gathered in one place out of arms' reach.

These people have mouthed off all 9 of the 66 games that we lost. They're just worse today. Then they disappear when we're winning. I am new here, but I saw it all year.

We Awright.

We Awright.
Yeah, I know! I apologize for being too harsh. You just see people taking their frustration out on people who are hurting. It's sad. I'm thinking more of how some people were acting earlier. Freak said it better: "Choke job is an argument for the weak", and just let it go at that. This team was sheer delight.

Yeah, I know! I apologize for being too harsh. You just see people taking their frustration out on people who are hurting. It's sad. I'm thinking more of how some people were acting earlier. Freak said it better: "Choke job is an argument for the weak", and just let it go at that. This team was sheer delight.

I missed that one too, yer Awright!

I’ll talk to y’all in a few days
Ok,

Went to bed real early after a long weekend.

It was a very memorable season. Obviously Tennessee's best season ever. And we can now say our two best teams (1994 and 2022) did not make it to the College World Series. That 1994 lost to an Arizona State team in Knoxville region (no Super Regions then) as the Sun Devils were motivated to win as Coach Jim Brock had only a few weeks to live. Even with the motivation, Todd Helton hit is most memorable home run (grand slam) to tie the game in 9th.

This was worse. Tennessee should have crushed Notre Dame. The Vols beat far better teams than Notre Dame this season on the road and on neutral sites. Notre Dame did not play a perfect game on Sunday for the win as their base running was atrocious at times. The game typing HR was a oppo taco that he really just stuck his bat out and hit. The go ahead HR was a bomb. Burns pitched well up to that inning.

Vols had trouble stringing hits together. The first game was solo HRs which I joked through the season don't win games. This was sort of like that. Notre Dame's Friday game was a Tennessee game with tons of 2 strike hits. The Vols didn't have too many 2 strike hits this weekend. Tennessee pitchers just had trouble throwing the 3rd strike and Tennessee had trouble hitting the third strike.

Proud of this team. 2023 will have far less emotion with it. Drew Gilbert plays with passion but will need to gain control of the positive and negative emotions to have a good pro career. Beck plays seemingly looks like he plays with less emotion but that's a mask. He is obviously a churning cauldron beneath that gets the best of him as well. 2023 will be a very talented team but will need some leadership and examples. Jorel will need to be that guy and example.

I have obviously had little respect for Notre Dame through the years. I know lurkers will want us to eat crow but I am not doing so. They are not the #1 team in the nation and were not at any point this season and will not win the CWS. They don't have the pitching or offense. The Vols needed to play their game and not let the umpires and opponents get under their skin.

Ok,

It was a very memorable season. Obviously Tennessee's best season ever. And we can now say our two best teams (1994 and 2022) did not make it to the College World Series. That 1994 lost to an Arizona State team in Knoxville region (no Super Regions then) as the Sun Devils were motivated to win as Coach Jim Brock had only a few weeks to live. Even with the motivation, Todd Helton hit is most memorable home run (grand slam) to tie the game in 9th.

This was worse. Tennessee should have crushed Notre Dame. The Vols beat far better teams than Notre Dame this season on the road and on neutral sites. Notre Dame did not play a perfect game on Sunday for the win as their base running was atrocious at times. The game typing HR was a oppo taco that he really just stuck his bat out and hit. The go ahead HR was a bomb. Burns pitched well up to that inning.

Vols had trouble stringing hits together. The first game was solo HRs which I joked through the season don't win games. This was sort of like that. Notre Dame's Friday game was a Tennessee game with tons of 2 strike hits. The Vols didn't have too many 2 strike hits this weekend. Tennessee pitchers just had trouble throwing the 3rd strike and Tennessee had trouble hitting the third strike.

Proud of this team. 2023 will have far less emotion with it. Drew Gilbert plays with passion but will need to gain control of the positive and negative emotions to have a good pro career. Beck plays seemingly looks like he plays with less emotion but that's a mask. He is obviously a churning cauldron beneath that gets the best of him as well. 2023 will be a very talented team but will need some leadership and examples. Jorel will need to be that guy and example.

I have obviously had little respect for Notre Dame through the years. I know lurkers will want us to eat crow but I am not doing so. They are not the #1 team in the nation and were not at any point this season and will not win the CWS. They don't have the pitching or offense. The Vols needed to play their game and not let the umpires and opponents get under their skin.

Jorel returning next season is up in the air. He’s draft-eligible. I agree that having him back would be great for his experience and leadership. That’s a big question mark for me regarding next year. Where will the leadership emerge from? I’m curious to find out.

I’m also curious about any potential staff changes this off season. Can our staff remain intact? Coach V isn’t going anywhere, Coach A isn’t going anywhere…will Coach Elander stay another year? I know he’ll be in line for a head coaching job at some point, but I haven’t seen his name connected with any HC job openings yet. Who will Coach V hire as the next trainer and strength coach? Ricky Martinez did a solid job as a student assistant coach. Having said that, I think Coach Kivett was missed more than folks realize.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

I’m the same - been on VN a long time but pretty much only RF (will look at BB & LV boards during basketball season), haven’t looked at this board much until this season. I’ve enjoyed reading most of the posts - a fairly reasonable and informed group with some good humor thrown in. I think I’ll stay around. Try to get a feel for what next year will bring. Have already given UTAD our ticket preferences for new stadium.

Ok,

I keep going back to that one moment where Gilbert lost control and play the "what if" game. If he doesn't lose his cool, Anderson isn't ejected. Would having him on the bench have made a difference in our pitching decisions? Would Gilbert have pressed as hard to redeem himself and had a better game? Easy to look back and play the coulda, woulda, shoulda deal, but we had such an opportunity. Guess the General's maxims apply here as well. We simply made too many mistakes in so many areas. Bitter pill to swallow.

I don’t know if this was posted, but I heard on a sports talk radio in MS that UT is the first SEC school to not advance to CWS after winning 57 games. Something like 75% of teams who host the super regional advance to CWS, and UT was undefeated when leading going into the 7th this year… Ouch

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back