The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Listening to the talk shows saying it was not the mistake of not taking Burns out that cost us this game. I disagree. We pissed away our advantage having the better fresher arms starting the day. Your starter did his job by pitching into the 6th let the other players do their job.

Beam wasn’t coming in the 6th. He just wasn’t. Hindsight is always 20/20, but take out a guy who is dealing is not always the correct move either. Sewell and Kirby would have come in the 6th anyway.

The team winning the CWS is likely gonna be the hottest team. You can throw out rankings in baseball at that point. I'm leaning towards TA&M. But it still means nothing. I can't choose ND, I'd like to, but sounds like they have 1 pitcher.....and that's about it. So no, not happening. It'll get you there, which is what happened, but that's just kidding yourself.

After the game my son and niece wanted to play baseball so my brother and I went outside and threw BP to them, tagged them out, laughed at their routes to the base paths, killed a snake in the middle of our diamond and forgot about the game…for an hour. Then we went back inside to see Arkansas and OM win and were pissed off again lol.

After the game my son and niece wanted to play baseball so my brother and I went outside and threw BP to them, tagged them out, laughed at their routes to the base paths, killed a snake in the middle of our diamond and forgot about the game…for an hour. Then we went back inside to see Arkansas and OM win and were pissed off again lol.

I totally understand this sentiment!

Yep, a lot of us get it. Not limited to just baseball...vol sports needs to learn to win much more than they lose in tight situations. BasketBall and softball are other examples. Football, arguably isn't, far behind.

Reactions: Tnphil
Between his season ending earlier this week and today we’re not gonna know what to do until fall ball. Baseball has been life for 4 months.

Four days a week, for three hours (sometimes 4).... I've sat in my specific chair, watched the Vols, and posted in this forum. It really does feel like a bad breakup. Not everyone is as invested as we are. I don't know how many days I'm going to need. At least this isn't an ex that's going to keep texting or calling.

Between his season ending earlier this week and today we’re not gonna know what to do until fall ball. Baseball has been life for 4 months.

Yep. Understood. We Awright and he’s Awright too! Yer better than Awright because you took him out to the yard and played some catch after a soul crushing event. Tie yer shoes kid! I love it!!!

A loss hasn’t gotten to me like this in a long time.

I was pretty upset in March when basketball lost to Michigan. I really thought the team had momentum from winning the SECT and had a good draw to get to the FF. I picked them to make it and it wasn't me being a homer, I actually thought it would happen. I was bummed a few days.

This is the same level of feeling for me.

I've been running errands since the loss. It made me forget that it happened until I slowed down. I'm still in disbelief. We turned into another #1 casualty. This seemed to be the best chance at a championship in mens sports in years. It was dashed and nobody is feeling bad for us.

Edit: I don't want anyone to feel bad for us. I'm speaking about not having any sympathy from rival fans because of the hubris of many in the fanbase about wanting to be villians like it was a badge of honor. They are celebrating.

Last edited:
I've been running errands since the loss. It made me forget that it happened until I slowed down. I'm still in disbelief. We turned into another #1 casualty. This seemed to be the best chance at a championship in mens sports in years. It was dashed and nobody is feeling bad for us.

I got that covered.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back