The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

It was a entertaining season .. its baseball ...overall they played better fundamentally and were clutch in situations .. we didn't get anything from Gilbert, Ortega , Burke , Russell when it mattered .. there can be only one winner in end ...I think we peaked too early .. go getem next year

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Yep. We are having fun with football, baseball, and basketball. UT sports used to be miserable.
Used to be? Whats worse, being terrible and not ever expecting to win anything, or being an elite team, in this case best in the country, and getting upset at home? I'd almost rather not be expected to do anything and surprise people than lose like this.

You mean you don’t like people making millions a year tell you that you’re a bad person in a bad country where all white people are rich and put everyone else down?
That’s a lot to infer from my comment. Let’s just say I soured on pro sports for many reasons over the past several years.

They played a great regular season and a very poor post season. Tidwell started things off, Gilbert added flame and Lawson/Lipscomb burned what was left. They looked like little leaguers in the field today, the bats went silent after the 3rd inning. ND played like it was do or die taking out any pitcher who faltered in any way. I guess we have a different approach to elimination game pitching? Well, watched a lot of good games, off to next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: pamovol
Excellent season. This team accomplished more than anyone thought possible. Was a pleasure to watch. Can’t wait til next year. GBO 🍊🍊⚾⚾
Eh, not exactly. The SEC tourney win is nice, but ultimately they didn't advance in the NCAA tourney as far as they did last year. They weren't quite playing with house money yet...that's why it hurts.

Reactions: Tenacjim
It was a entertaining season .. its baseball ...overall they played better fundamentally and were clutch in situations .. we didn't get anything from Gilbert, Ortega , Burke , Russell when it mattered .. there can be only one winner in end ...I think we peaked too early .. go getem next year
Yep. I’m bitterly disappointed but started seeing cracks last week. I figured the cracks would break at some point but figured we would at least make the CWS.

All our sports in postseason have nut kicked us .. music city bowl, men's basketball, women's basketball, now this... And this was by far our best team. Today hurts.
Winning it all in Tourney sports require a lot of luck bro. The way pur team plays and some of the angics do not help in some cases. This was a very fun team to watch. Sure it hurts and its not what we expected. Music City Bowl was a ***** robbery. We will get where we wanna be again. I believe this team may be a better hitting team next season although maybe not as many dongs. We have some speed/ pitching and some power coming back. It was a great run and congrats to the Vols

Used to be? Whats worse, being terrible and not ever expecting to win anything, or being an elite team, in this case best in the country, and getting upset at home? I'd almost rather not be expected to do anything and surprise people than lose like this.
No you wouldn’t. This year was magical.

That’s a lot to infer from my comment. Let’s just say I soured on pro sports for many reasons over the past several years.
Makes sense. All the strikes and all the money has really weakened the sports for what they are. Baseball players used to make a small salary and we’re doing what they loved. It’s why college athletics are more entertaining.

VN Store

Back