The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Ask yourself honestly, if these guys were not wearing a Tennessee uniform if you would like these guys.

Absolutely.

I hope every team from here on out has the same fire and the same "us vs. the world, **** you" attitude.

They Vols, the past two years, made baseball fun to watch for me.

Ditto. I am very disappointed and don’t handle losing well. Never have. It doesn’t make me a bad person, though. I’m just very competitive. I’m invested in almost every Vols’ sport ( 🏈, ⚾️, 🏀, women’s 🏀, and 🥎. I just purchased season tickets for TN 🏈 .

My daughter and wife ask me how I enjo my soirtd when I get so upset about TN or my Steelers losing. I don’t have an answer.

I can't explain it when my family asks me that either. Lol!

Reactions: HeadVol77 and vol94
Bud. I have. Played every sport imaginable. Played ball post high school (small CC college) and coach an A class softball team at this moment and you can see when things are going south. Obviously Coach V is here for a reason but there are college coaches fired every day for not adjusting. (Not saying he should be AT ALL). It just because you call something you see and disagree with what someone says and get labeled is ridiculous.
I disagree whole heartedly with HOW Vitello handled Burns. Sometimes its when you show up or the comments made that piss people off and label you

All our sports in postseason have nut kicked us .. music city bowl, men's basketball, women's basketball, now this... And this was by far our best team. Today hurts.

Just be glad we have teams that good. The athletic department was awful just 7 short years ago. Our teams have really elevated their play, and it’s fun to watch. It’s tough winning titles.

Yep been pretty solid all year but they scored 5 runs when we should have been in the dugout. Can’t give a veteran team 4 outs and we did twice , bites you every time.
Agreed. We played around with fire all day with leaving too many on and not getting a potential good inning. Many things bit is in the ass today

Pitching should be about the same if not better next year. As for our offense we lose a lot. idk if we can bring back that much fire power

Ask yourself honestly, if these guys were not wearing a Tennessee uniform if you would like these guys.
That’s like asking a mom if they would love a child no matter what. I don’t like the way they acted and the things they did at times. But yes after watching the guys grow up over time and get to this point. I think it’s safe we like them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We are on the verge of turning the corner in Major Sports
This does not happen overnight it takes time.
We are rebuilding the Fan Base and we have show up in all sports.
This is another building block with it comes great players, great coaching, I hope I am able to see us turn the corner.
Look to the future and put this one in the books, if you don't it will eat you alive.

No doubt. But it still eats at you to be called “the Buffalo Bills” of baseball. But you’re right. Championships are damn hard to win so you must savor them. It is also why it is soooo much harder to take when you have a team that SHOULD when but doesn’t.
The Braves actually won one during that run in the 90s. The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls and didn’t win a single one. You would think they would’ve at least gotten lucky and won one of them. I couldn’t imagine being that fan base. Haven’t won a championship since 1965.

Be a man, watch them celebrate. I always make it a point to when we get beat. The players have to watch it, I like to think I'm suffering with them.

I can tell you players don't watch the other team's celebration. They put their focus elsewhere, like accepting the disappointment and what they need to work on to make sure that doesn't happen ever again. Good players go right back to work.

The umps didn’t cost us the series, esp today. Notre Dame outplayed and out coached TN this weekend, period. They beat us at our own game, the long ball. Our Vols gave up at least three unearned runs today. It’s baseball and it happens, but it still stings.
No. But Friday night be an argument.

VN Store

Back