The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

There is no question the starting pitching has to be better this weekend if we’re going to win, but I highly doubt Dollander has two awful starts in a row, so I feel good about it. He’s going to come back fired up Saturday.

Gotta believe that the umping will be better than a couple of these guys that kept squeezing our strike zones with great inconsistency. Lots of our breaking balls crossed the entire plate above the knee and ended up in the river at the glove and were called balls... Can't stget there without going through the 17" wide plate. Do wish the plate was more visible to the camera, needs more height I guess.

I am now ready for automated balls and strikes once perfected. I do not buy the objective being calling it the same for both teams instead of trying to get every ump to call it as similar to the same as possible. Never be identical due to the human factor but they could use the first tools to gain consistency across the entire pool. The rule and strike zone does not change because the ump does and certainly not due to game situations. Our last strike was suspect, down the middle but maybe high, vs the chin high and in the inside river call our #4 got with the bases loaded too. Makes you wonder.

Hubert Simpson baby! Notre Dame only had six black kids on their entire football team including one Vagus (sp?) Fergusan (sp?).

Still pissed at the whole little leprechaun thing. Every time I see that little prick, it reminds me of Nick Saban.
We had to play against that guy when he was a Cherokee.... I think he had about 300 yds at halftime.

Gotta believe that the umping will be better than a couple of these guys that kept squeezing our strike zones with great inconsistency. Lots of our breaking balls crossed the entire plate above the knee and ended up in the river at the glove and were called balls... Can't stget there without going through the 17" wide plate. Do wish the plate was more visible to the camera, needs more height I guess.

I am now ready for automated balls and strikes once perfected. I do not buy the objective being calling it the same for both teams instead of trying to get every ump to call it as similar to the same as possible. Never be identical due to the human factor but they could use the first tools to gain consistency across the entire pool. The rule and strike zone does not change because the ump does and certainly not due to game situations. Our last strike was suspect, down the middle but maybe high, vs the chin high and in the inside river call our #4 got with the bases loaded too. Makes you wonder.
The strike zone for him, in particular was all over the place.

THIS^^^^
Dollander started out OK IMO but then got a bit rattled (understandably) when pitches that have been strikes ALL YEAR suddenly weren’t. To get a strike, he had to get more of the plate. Consequently, hitters got more of the ball. I lost count of how many of the Humpers big hits came after what should have been strike 3!

Just noticed UT was the only SEC team to clinch a super-regional birth yesterday. UGA is out and the rest play today.

I wonder what TV Station(s) will show some games today? Not the SEC Network .... all they got is football & Finebaum. ESPN & ESPN2 have other stuff to show besides College Baseball. I don't see anything on MLB either. Must be on a streaming service somewhere.

I wonder what TV Station(s) will show some games today? Not the SEC Network .... all they got is football & Finebaum. ESPN & ESPN2 have other stuff to show besides College Baseball. I don't see anything on MLB either. Must be on a streaming service somewhere.

Most of them are on ESPN+ if not found elsewhere as well.

Really hoping that I can see the beavers lash the candygurls.

I'm going to turn out all the nights, put on my catcher's mask, and watch from the corner of my bedroom.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
All the later afternoon and evening games will be televised. ESPNU, ESPN2, ACCN, and SECN (Vandy-OSU).

VN Store

Back